Chapter 20 Angel

Kakashi went to Shadow’s side after the villagers returned to their business. Kakashi said to her “That was...unexpected to put it lightly. I was expecting someone...more...”

“Superior?” asked Shadow to finish his incomplete sentence. Kakashi nodded. Shadow sighed heavily and explained to him “I didn’t want to deal with him in the first place. He wasn’t worth my time and I needed to do my job.”

“But how did you two meet? He seemed to be so...obsessed with you.”

“I did nothing to get his attention. I only did a business with him by assassinating a rival of his years ago.” She crossed her arms on her chest “But after the job was done, he asked for my hand. I refused and so I ran away. He was furious when he heard the news and made a bounty on my head to bring me to him alive.”

Kakashi sighed “Well...At least you don’t have to worry about him now.”

“True...” she smirked and walked a bit closer to him.

He arched a brow at her actions as she grabbed his hand “Shadow...?” He had no idea what she was doing, but he could tell that she was smirking at him behind her black mask.

“Now that’s over...I don’t see the reason to hide us anymore.”

His visible eye widened in surprise “Sha--!” He was cut off when Shadow quickly leaned forward to kiss his lips with their masks still on. His eye widened once more in surprise and could hear some gasps from the sides. But he quickly responded by kissing back, but the mask prevent him from really kissing her.

Shadow pulled away and looked at the side to see a lot of the villagers staring at them with shocked expressions. She asked them quiet bitterly “Is there something you want? You know, staring is impolite.” The villagers quickly succumbed to their senses and returned to their own business.

Kakashi chuckled and rested his hands on her waist “Don’t you think you’re being a bit too...harsh? After all, I’m quite surprised myself.”

Shadow arched a brow at him “And why is that?”

He shrugged his shoulders “Well...It’s just that...before you seemed very...persistent to keep us a secret.”

“That’s because I wanted you to be safe. I didn’t want anyone else to be hurt by my problems.”

His eyes softened and he quickly leaned forward to peck her. He pulled away and wrapped an arm around her. This time she didn’t seem to mind. He asked her “Now, can we head to eat some lunch? I’m starving.”

“Lead the way.”

--

It was just another lovely day in Konoha. And finally, Shadow and Kakashi had shown their relationship in public. Most of the villagers however predicted it. That surprised Shadow. But Kakashi just chuckled at the thought.

When Gai found out he was utterly shocked and upset. Gai was planning to ask Shadow on a date but Kakashi beat him to it. But Gai kept trying to ‘win her heart’ with his fabulous enthusiasm with youth and kept rambling to Shadow that he was a better lover than Kakashi could ever be.

Kakashi was angry with Gai that he kept hitting on Shadow. Kakashi nearly challenged Gai to a real fight when he saw Gai kissing the back of Shadow’s hand when they were greeting each other on some occasion.

It took Shadow to calm Kakashi down before there could have been a rampage. But this gives the other ninjas to talk about since it was quite hilarious of how Kakashi was reacting out of his usual ways.

It always set Asuma a wide grin and he would proudly tell the tale to everyone with high enthusiasm. Kakashi however didn’t like the sound of the tale that he was being ‘uncool’ so he kept denying. But Asuma just replied to that with a goofy grin, knowing that it was all true with Kakashi being in denial.