Chapter 14 Amulet

Lord Garu entered his fancy carriage. After he closed the door and sat comfortable inside, Shadow appeared by his window to say, “I have to get something quick. You go on a head. I’ll catch up with you later.”

Lord Garu nodded, “Very well.” He glanced at the other team members and he found Naruto amusing when he was crying about something that this mission is going to be a piece of cake. He softly asked Shadow before she could take off to whatever she needed to do.

“Is he always like that?”

She gave him an arched curious brow until he nodded towards Naruto. She glanced at him as well and let out a small soft laugh. She turned her gaze to him with a reassuring expression, “Don’t worry. He may not look like it but he’s a good ninja. Learning and annoying but still good.”

He murmured to her thoroughly as he turned his gaze back to Naruto. “…I’ll trust your judgment on that but I’m more worried that he’ll attract unwanted mercenaries if he keeps talking that loud.”

She let out a small chuckle, “Don’t worry. I won’t let anything bad happen to you.”

Lord Garu let out a small laugh as well then nodded to her, “We’ll see you up ahead.” He sat back on his seat and pulled the curtains over the window.

Shadow turned around to walk towards Kakashi who was watching Naruto being ballistic again as he was shouting nonsense while scanning the area of 4 feet from the gate. When she got to his side, she touched his arm softly to get his attention.

“Kakashi,” she started.

He turned his attention to her, “Shadow, what is it?” he asked casually.

“I have to get something quick from my apartment. You guys will head on. I’ll catch up with you later.”

He replied, “All right. But we’ll make a slow pace so you won’t have to get that far.”

She softly smirked behind her mask and she crossed her arms as she was trying to act angry. “Are you saying I’m slow?”

He smirked back, “No. But I’m worried that you won’t be able to see me soon if I get that far. I wouldn’t want to burden you with that.”

She let out a small laugh, “Ha! How charming of you, Hatake.”

He shrugged his shoulders, “It’s a gift. The ladies can’t resist.”

“Hmm, you’re right about that.” She took a step closer to him so their bodies were just an inch away from each other.

Sakura noticed the two adults standing quite close to each other. She couldn’t help but to let out a small squeal and tugged Sasuke’s shirt to get his attention without leaving her eyes off the couple. “Sasuke-kun, look!” she whispered to him with excitement as he was looking at the distant.

Sasuke groaned mentally as he was expecting her to point something out to try to make a conversation with him. But when he turned around and saw what she was looking at, he was surprised. He was surprised to see his teacher standing so close to Shadow. He could also see that they were flirting as well.

He narrowed his eyes at them in suspicion, “Don’t tell me…” he muttered under his breath as something clicked in his mind. It also clicked in Sakura’s mind as her cheeks slightly flushed and her eyes twinkled in delight.

“Do you think they’re together…in secret?” she asked Sasuke without a doubt with excitement.

“It’s not very secretive if you ask me…” Sasuke grumbled with a small anime sweat drop as Kakashi leaned slightly closer to whisper something in Shadow’s ear. And he was playfully pushed back by her after that.

Naruto didn’t know what was going on because he was still ‘scanning’ the area with enthusiasm.

Shadow noticed the two Genin watching them so she took a step back to make a clear distant with Kakashi. She cleared her throat to try to get her mind back in gear. She nearly had forgotten why she had to go.

“Well…I’ll see you later then.” She made a hand sign and disappeared in a shroud of shadows.

Kakashi sighed heavily after she left. He turned his head and caught his two students looking at him, with amusement expressions.

“…what?” he asked but he regretted asking that question.

Sakura squealed loudly like a little fan-girl and said with such enthusiasm, “Are you and Shadow together!?”

Kakashi flinched, *Oh crap. She’s going to kill me for sure…* he mentioned towards Shadow. He said to his two curious students as they were waiting for his answer. “I don’t see how my personal life is your business, no offense. But I would like to keep it in private.”

Sasuke scoffed, “You’re not making it seem like a private matter. You were making it obvious a few seconds ago.”

“…I was?” he asked as he scratched the back of his head.

Sakura nodded without hesitation, “Definitely!”

Kakashi sighed heavily and he dropped his hand to his side. He whispered to them, “Look, I’ll make you a deal, all right? Don’t speak a word about us and I’ll pay for lunch.”

Sakura and Sasuke glanced at each other then turned back to their teacher. “With special treats?” asked Sakura with a small smirk.

Kakashi narrowed his eyes at her, “Really?” he asked her so flatly with a hint of annoyance.

Sasuke said, “Take it or leave it.”

Kakashi groaned deeply, “Fine.” He rubbed the back of his neck as he was glaring in the distant while his two students were smirking up at him. “Come on. We have to reach the Lands of Wolves before night fall.” He glanced at his students, “And will you stop smirking at me!”

Shadow looked through the apartment and she had finally found what she had been looking for. It was under the bed and she was beginning to think that she may have lost it forever.

“Phew, that was close…” she mumbled under her breath as she was kneeling on the wooden floor with the precious amulet in her hands. She had this amulet for as long as she could remember and she cherished it dearly because she had no memory of her true past but her name. Her name was engraved at the back of the amulet but she had no idea what her heritage was.

The amulet was gold, in a form of a circle with three triangles entertaining together inside the circle. It also had a beautiful sapphire gem in the middle of the three triangles.

Shadow presumed that it was a gift when she was born but unfortunately she had no memory of her real family.

For now, she was glad that she had finally found it. When she realized that it wasn’t hanging around her neck as she should, she nearly went ballistic but she kept her emotions down as always but it was quite tempting for her not to run her ass off to her apartment and tear everything down until it was found.

She put the amulet around her neck and tied the knot properly. She put the amulet safely inside her clothes and thought *Time to catch up with the others.*