Chapter 3 Dog Person

Shadow and Kakashi walked up the stairs of the Hokage building then straight to the office. Kakashi stopped to knock on the door and waited for a reply from inside. “Come in” they heard a hoary voice from behind the door. Kakashi opened it and stood by to let Shadow to enter first. First, she saw that it was a normal office with an old ma – as the 3rd Hokage – sitting behind his desk on a light blue arm chair while writing some paperwork with a brush and black ink. He stopped to look up and his eyes immediately glued on Shadow. Kakashi joined by her side soon enough after closing the door and he bowed to the old legendary Hokage.

Kakashi greeted him in respect “Lord Hokage.”

The Hokage nodded and glanced at him “Kakashi.” He returned his sharp brown eyes to Shadow who just stood there silently while analyzing the Third. “And who is this?” he asked with a hint of suspicion in his voice. Shadow can’t complain about that, she would be suspicious too if she was in his shoes.

Kakashi introduced her to him “This is Shadow. I’m sure you heard the rumors of the Shadow Assassin, Lord Hokage.”

“Hmm…yes I heard of that title.” He arched a brow at Shadow as he slightly tilted his head to the side “But I thought you would be a man.”

Shadow slightly smirked behind her mask “Don’t worry. I get that a lot.”

The Hokage chuckled deeply. Then he asked her “Tell me. What brings you here in the Leaf Village?”

“I’m only here to get some supplies and to say ‘hello’ to a friend.”

“A friend?” asked the Third Hokage as he folded his hands together and rested his elbows on his desk.

Kakashi answered for her “She means Anko Mitarashi, sir.”

“Oh? And how did you know Anko?”

“I’ve crossed some paths with her in the past. We only worked together once or twice.”

“And how long was that?”

“I’m not really sure. Maybe a few months ago.”

“…and now, you’re in need to stay somewhere.”

“Yes but only temporally.”

“Hmm…” he murmured in deep thought while feeling his little sharp goatee. He pulled out a drawer to pull out some documents. He mumbled a few times while scanning through the list of apartments. Until he finally found one, he looked up with a smile “You’re in luck. There is a good place for you to stay. It’s a good apartment with…” he looked back to the list “…two bedrooms, two bathrooms, a small kitchen and a living room. Does that sound good to you?”

“…It’s perfect.”

The Hokage smiled brightly to her “Good.” He put the papers down on the desk so he could grab the key of the apartment from another drawer. He held a brass key to Shadow and she took a few steps forward to get it from him.  She examined the key as the Hokage said “Welcome to the Leaf Village, my dear. You may leave.”

Shadow and Kakashi turned to face the door but the Hokage called out “Actually, I need to speak with you for a moment, Kakashi.”

Kakashi glanced at Shadow and she nodded her head towards the door, gesturing him that she’ll wait outside. Once she was out of the room, Kakashi turned to face the 3rd Hokage. “Yes, Lord Hokage?”

The Hokage folded his fingers together while looking at Kakashi darkly under his Hokage hat. “Kakashi, I want you to keep an eye on her. 24/7. Make sure she doesn’t do anything that could bring destruction to the village.”