Chapter 6 Dying

The next day, Jiraiya had to go somewhere to do his ridiculous ‘research’ but Shadow knew better that he was just being a big perverted toad as he is. But she has to admit that he has some gifted talent for making good books as it is popular in the adult world. She was sitting on a high branch of a tree in the Training Field. She was mostly hidden by the bushes of the tree while a leg was hanging from the edge of the branch, swinging back and forth mindlessly as she was reading the new addition book.

Two minutes later, she said as she turned to the next page “You need to control your breathing, Hatake. I you sure that you’re a ninja?” she asked too simply as the Copy-Cat ninja was right above her, hanging upside down with his chakra holding him up by a branch above Shadow.

Kakashi cursed mentally and mumbled something inaudible but she didn’t care. Kakashi walked a bit further, canceled his chakra and landed easily on the branch that Shadow was sitting on. Shadow asked without lifting her eyes from the page “What do you want, Hatake?”

Kakashi narrowed his eyes at her as he was in a crouching position and he rested his elbows on his bended knees. “Why are you calling me by my last name? Do you really hate me that much?”

“Well…you pretty much annoy me. So…yeah.”

Kakashi groaned softly with a deep frown behind his dark blue mask. “What the hell did I make you hate me so much?”

“I don’t hate you. I just don’t like you. Those two are entirely different. And from what I heard,” she slightly glanced at him from the corner of the book “aren’t you supposed to be a genius?”

Kakashi could feel his blood boiling in anger as she went back to reading the book. The book he wanted to get his hands on for hours since she got it from Jiraiya. But Shadow held that book for nearly 24/7 and it’s quite hard for Kakashi to get it. Kakashi took in some deep breathes to calm himself or else he would be tackling the woman down and strangle her to death then just take the book himself.

Shadow was feeling quite annoyed when Kakashi was just watching her like a hawk, she knew that he had been watching her for nearly 24/7 since she got here. However, he tried his best to hide and to hide his chakra from her, but she could sense him too easily. She asked him with a small growl “What do you want, Hatake? I’m not going to ask you again.”

Kakashi frown deepened and he mumbled under his breath “If you’re curious, I’m under orders to watch over you till you leave.”

“Hmf, not surprising. Now can you leave me alone to my reading?”

“Hmm…no.”

Shadow slightly glared at him from the corner of the book then returned her eyes to the book “If you insist on being ignored for hours, then be my guest, Hatake.”

Hatake grumbled something inaudible but he made himself comfortable on the branch so he was sitting on the edge with his legs hanging. He didn’t have anything to do because – being such an idiot AGAIN – to leave his books at home because he was in more attention of reading the book that is in her hands! Two: It’s the Team 7’s day off; today is a Saturday.

Kakashi had been twirling his kunai around mindlessly to try to pass the time. It had been three hours and not once Shadow made a sudden move but moving the page. It was taunting Kakashi miserably because he kept wondering what the new addition is about and he would kill to know what she’s reading.

Kakashi glanced at Shadow who got her nose buried in her book and he could tell that she is only half-way through the book. On the other hand, Shadow could tell that he’s dying from boredom. She smirked softly behind her mask as she continued to hear the swiftness of the kunai that he had been playing around for the past three hours.