Chapter 8 Anger

After Kakashi was feeling better, he stood up from the ground but not without a small groan. He glared at the woman who gave him that but she got her back facing him and she was eyeing the village gates. Kakashi wondered why the Hokage wanted her in this mission, although she’s not even part of the village as a citizen. Couldn’t she just simply run away if she doesn’t want to be in part of this? But she just stood there like a stone statue with her black loose hair flowing gracefully as the wind blew by.

Kakashi didn’t realize that he was holding his breath as he watched her silently for one whole minute. However, Shadow could feel his gaze on her and she hated it. She let out a heaving sigh and sharply turned around to scowled at him “Hatake, what the hell are you doing? Let’s get this mission over with!”

Kakashi’s anger returned to his vein stream and his visible eye immediately changed into a glare at her. He just shoved his hands in his pockets and walked – well, stomped – past her and grumbled “Be at the Gates in 5 minutes...” Then he immediately disappeared.

Shadow groaned deeply and waved her hands in the air as she let out a small exaggerating scream.  “This is completely useless!! Why the hell am I in this!? I was supposed to leave tomorrow! Now, this village is going to be in more danger!!”

She froze when she heard a voice above her “Now, that’s interesting...” She jerked her head up and saw the Hokage looking down at her with a smirk with his smoking pipe hanging on the corner of his mouth.

Busted...so she cursed under her breath “Shit...”

Kakashi entered his apartment angrily and slammed the door behind him with a big loud bang that he could feel the shake under his feet. But he couldn’t help it, he was angry – No! Angry is not right! Furious is the one! Yes, he was furious! Furious that the Hokage would screw him over like this! Being with Shadow for a WEEK is like spending with Gai and does his stupid exercising routine of ‘youth’ for months! But being with Shadow is 10 times worse! Kakashi would rather be with Gai – but not in a gay way – than to be with Shadow!

Kakashi banged his apartment keys on the counter and his dogs appeared in the room from rushing out of his bedroom. Pakkun was the first to ask him “Kakashi, what the hell happened? You look like you want to rip someone’s head off.”

Kakashi inhaled deeply to try to calm himself and he said to him but a growl was heard as well “I’m fine, Pakkun. And I’m going on a mission for a week, so don’t be too lazy when I’m not around.”

His other dog – Fang – said to him “We know the drill, Kakashi. But we’re more curious of why you’re so angry. You’re rarely like this.”

Kakashi jerked his head to his curious dogs that were just sitting there and eyeing him like a hawk. It was quite petrifying. Kakashi just groaned from frustrating as he jerked his travelling bag from the corner of the room and dumped it on the couch before he started to prepare.

“It’s none of your business...” Kakashi growled at his dogs as he was collecting some scrolls from the cupboard where he kept his equipment for missions.

The dogs glanced at each other until Pakkun sniffed the air more firmly and asked Kakashi “Kakashi, I can smell jasmine on you. Have you been spending time with that woman you mentioned before?”

Kakashi flinched and his hold on the scrolls that he shoved in his bag tightened. But he quickly released them and returned to the cupboard to get some weapons. Pakkun slightly smirked and said “I was right...It’s that woman again. You’re going on this mission with her, aren’t you?”

Kakashi flinched again and a cold shiver went up through his spine; it was VERY unpleasant. It was like a feeling of meeting your death. He inhaled deeply to try to calm his mind and he glanced at the clock. “2 minutes left...” he mumbled under his breath. But why should he be there early. He’s always late, but since the Hokage said that this mission was highly important, it would be official that Kakashi should be there on time. Plus, he doesn’t want Shadow to think of him as a lazy ass that’s always late.