Percabeth in Goode - Completed - #wattys2016

• Dedicated to My mom!!! <3<3<3<3

**EDIT: HEY!!! SO, I WOULD JUST LIKE TO POINT OUT THAT THERE ARE SOME UNFORGIVABLE GRAMMAR MISTAKES (ESPECIALLY IN THE FIRST FEW CHAPTERS). FOR ONE, I CHANGED FROM THIRD TO FIRST PERSON TENSE OR POV OR WHATEVER, SO JUST BEWARE OF THAT AND I'M SORRY!!! HOWEVER, I LATER FIX THIS . . . HOPEFULLY YOU CAN HOLD OUT UNTIL THEN? ENJOY! ;)**

Annabeth's POV

Who knew, that after killing hundreds of monsters, her hardest battle would be opening a bottle of nail polish?

This was Annabeth's first mortal sleepover and seventh day at Goode high school. Her friend Melissa had invited her over along with some other girls, Tiffany, Natasha, and Taylor. They were painting their nails, which was one of the most un-Annabeth things she'd ever done.

She finally opened the bottle and cautiously took out the brush. It was her first time, and she was determined to be an expert at it. She'd chosen a light gray color and some owl stickers.

Annabeth started to paint was alarmed at how steady she had to be.

When she was done, she looked at the other girls' nails. Tiffany wore bright pink nail polish with little heart stickers. Taylor had deep red nail polish with a letter on each finger that spelled out 'Eric Costen', her boyfriend. Melissa and Natasha had matching neon blue nail polish with rainbow colored smiley face stickers.

They were all so unlike Annabeth's.

"So, Annabeth, why gray with owls?" Taylor asked.

All the girls looked at her curiously.

"Well, because I like gray and owls," she replied, maybe a little to quickly. She couldn't exactly say 'because I'm a daughter of Athena', but she could've thought it through a little more. Wow. She didn't think it through. That's so unlike her. Maybe hanging out with these girly-girls was numbing her brain.

"Okay," Taylor answered.

They all looked satisfied with her answer.

"The next thing on our what-to-do-at-the-sleepover checklist is," Melissa began,"talk about boys!"

Ugh, Percy, I thought. Why must you go to Riverbank High? I only went to your old school because I thought you'd be here with me.

"Ok. Let's start with you, Annabeth. If you're not still going out with your imaginary boyfriend Percy, then I think Anthony likes you," Melissa said.

"For the millionth time," I said. "Percy. Is. Real! Besides, I don't like Anthony and he doesn't like me."

"Oh, really?" Taylor questioned. "Cause I heard him and Josh talking about how much they BOTH like you. Anthony said I'm gonna do it. I'm gonna ask Annabeth out. And then Josh said 'Ok, well if it doesn't go well tomorrow, tell me and then I'll try to ask her out, deal? And then Anthony said 'Yeah. Ok. But she'll probably just say she's still together with her fake boyfriend, Percy."

"Wait a minute," Annabeth said. "Tomorrow?"

"Yep," Taylor replied.

"Also, who wouldn't like Anthony? He's SO hot!" Tiffany said.

"Rich, too," Natasha added.

Everyone nodded in agreement. Except Annabeth.

"Well I'm not interested," Annabeth said.

"Ok, then you wouldn't mind asking him out for me when you say no?" Tiffany said.

"No, me!" Melissa said. "Cause I'm your best friend."

"Are not! I am!" Tiffany said defiantly.

Taylor and I just rolled our eyes.

"Why don't you tell him yourself?" Taylor asked.

They quieted to think it over.

"Okay," they said in unison.

"I get to ask first!" Melissa called.

"Dibbs!" Tiffany shouted!

They started arguing again.

Taylor sighed. "It's getting late. I'm gonna go to bed."

"Wait for me!" I said.

Annabeth fell asleep dreaming about Percy.

Percy's POV

Percy could hardly sleep. He was way to excited for tomorrow.

In the morning, he dressed quickly. He didn't want to be late. He was about to see the girl of his dreams.

He got on the bus and thought through his plan for the gazillionth time. Bouquet of roses. Check. Teeth brushed. Check. Stainless clothes. Oopsies.

This day was going to be perfect.

When he finally got to school, he went inside to the receptionists office.

"Um, principal Rovenoff? Im the new student," he said.

"Ah, Percy Jackson. Delighted to meet you," he answered. The principal handed him his schedule. "Melissa Franken will be your tour guide."

"Thank you, sir," Percy said.

He went into the hall and saw some one waiting. She had straight read hair and blue eyes. "Are you Melissa, my tour guide?" Percy asked.

"Hey! You must be the new student! I'm sorry, what was your name? she asked.

"Percy. Percy Jackson," he replied.

"OMG! Are you Percy Jackson as in THE, dating Annabeth Chase, my best friend, Percy Jackson?" she asked excitedly.