Chapter 7

Annabeth's POV

Before the assembly, Anthony was acting very strange. But I pushed those thoughts aside and focused on what they were trying to teach me. They talked about bird facts, how to treat pet birds, and how people must prepare for owning a bird. I was a little disappointed in the end, but at least I scrounged up a little knowledge when the ceremony was finished.

I turned toward Percy, who was talking to a blonde girl with WAY to much makeup on. She wore a tiny mini skirt and a really tight shirt with the band One Direction printed on it. She smiled at him dreamily and a wave of anger washed over me. Who does she think she is? I thought.

Then I spoke up. "Um, Percy? Who's your friend?" My voice caught on the word friend, my expression hard, my jaw clenched.

"No one," Percy said, maybe a little to quickly. "Let's go to class." We got up and walked away, but not without me glaring daggers into her. She repayed me with an 'I will steal your boyfriend' smile, that was sweet in a sickly cruel way.

When we were out of ear shot I said, "What was that about?"

"I actually don't know," he replied. "I didn't want to talk to her, but she just kept talking and talking and talking and smiling and smiling and smiling and being a weird, creepy stalker. I turned toward her at the end of the assembly and told her to go away, but she just acted like she wasn't even looking at me and said stop doing what? And I tried to explain it to her and then you looked worried or jealous and said let's go t-"

"I know what I said, Percy!  And I did not look jealous! I was just concerned about what was going on with you two. Now let's head to class, Seaweed Brain!"

He looked confused, but followed me. I am not jealous! I told myself. Why would I be jealous of someone like her? Percy would never be interested in that makeup covered face! I just need to let it go and pay attention in our super short algebra class. So I did.

The rest of the day sped by fast, and soon it was time for the swimming try-outs. I saw Anthony with Melissa, and when Melissa walked away, a horror met my eyes. I saw the blonde girl from the assembly, Mark, and Anthony all huddled up together talking secretly in a corner. Accasionally, blondey would look toward Percy and go ga-ga over him in his green swimming trunks.

"What's her name?" I asked Percy.

"It was something like Gena? Kenna? I can't remember, but she told me at the assembly. Why?" he replied.

"Oh, no reason. I was just curious," I answered. Then the group split up and blondey walked over toward us.

"Hey Percy. Remember me? I'm Jenna, from the bird thingie. I just wanted to wish you luck with this swimming stuff. And I wanted to tell you that if you ever want to dump this old hag"- she then gestured to me- "then my door is always open."

"Don't talk to my girlfriend like that and get away from me!" Percy yelled. "I don't like you and I never will, so back off!"

"Okay. For now. But remember, Perce. This isn't over," Jenna replied calmly and flipped her hair at us as she walked away.

"Don't call him Perce, you vlacas!" I shouted behind her. She answered me with a smug smile and kept walking toward Mark.

Then Anthony walked over, ignoring Melissa. "Hey Annabeth. I was just wondering if-"

"Anthony, Percy and I need to be alone for a while. Okay?" I began. "Go back to Melissa and start acting like you care about her."

Anthony threw his hands up in defense. "Hey, I was just going to ask if you and Percy wanted to go on a double date with Melissa and I. But if you're to busy..." We nodded. "Okay, well see you later Annabeth."

"Geez, that guy really can't take a hint, can he?" Percy observed.

I nodded. "I don't know what's gotten into him lately. He used to be calm and mellow, nice and kind. But now he acts like he's in a bad mood all the time, like he's-"

"In love with you? I know that. I was watching, I have eyes," Percy demanded.

"No, not in love with me! Even if he did, I love you and only you," I reassured him, and kissed him. "And I mean that."

Then the coach walked in and said, "Line up for racing! Let's go, chop chop, I don't have all day!"

Percy pecked me on the cheek and said, "Wish me luck!"

"Kali tihi!" I called after him. He glanced back at me, confused. "It means good luck in greek!" I said. He nodded and got in line.

"My name is coach Wane! You may call me that and only that! Whoever wins this race will become the team captain for this team and he will choose a team name! Do I make myself clear?!" coach Wane yelled in his naturally loud voice. All the boys nodded. "Okay then. On your mark, get set, go!"

They all sped off, but of course Percy was in the lead. Then something surprising happened; Anthony met his speed. (sorry, did I just rhime? oops!) Anthony gained on him and Percy advanced harder and harder. Then a shiver rolled down my spine. Why was Anthony swimming so fast? I thought. Percy should definetly be winning, but Anthony was just behind him. This could mean two things: good or bad. I'm hoping for good.

At the last minute, Percy won, but looked just as shocked as I was. So did Anthony. Uh oh, I thought. Anthony was expecting himself to win. Anthony eyed Percy suspiciously. Everyone clapped for the new team captain. Slowly, I started to applaud too. Percy pushed aside his befuddlment (sorry, couldn't think of any other word) and swooped toward me to pick me up in a victory hug. But before he could, Jenna rushed over and blocked his path so that he ended up tackling her instead. They fell to the ground as Jenna said, "Congrats! How nice of you to want to share your win with me first!"

Percy's muffled voice screamed, "Get off of me, freak!"

I bent over to help him up and then pushed Jenna into the pool without a second thought. She burst to the surface with smeared mascara and drenched designer clothing. "You little-" but then she bubbled back into the water. Probably bacause of her cashmere sweater weighing her down. Everyone laughed at her frusteration.

I kissed Percy for a long time, I don't even know how long. But when we broke away, it was already night and everyone had left. What happened with Jenna, I don't know, and I don't care. All I care about is Percy and getting home to my comfy bed.

MWAHAHAAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'M MAKING YOU WAIT ANOTHER CHAPTER BEFORE YOU GET TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENS WITH ANTHONY'S POWERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I DONT OWN PJO OR HOO. #DISCLAIMER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OKAY, PEOPLE HAVE A NICE LIFE AND STAY TUNED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HOPE YOU ENJOYED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!