Chapter 34

HEY GUYS!!!!!!!! SUPER SORRY FOR THE LATE UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!! WRITER'S BLOCK AND MY MOM'S INFINITE SCHOOL COMPUTER TIME HAVE BEEN THE MAIN CAUSE FOR MY ABSENCE. BUT ANYWAY, ENJOY, MY DARLING CUPCAKES!!!!!!!

Jason's POV

I'm sorry, Leo Blazing McShizzle Valdez cannot be reached right now. Please leave a message at the tone. When you are finished recording your message, hang up or press one for more options. Beep.

I throw my phone at the ground in frustration. That was the dozenth time I'd tried contacting Piper, Hazel, Frank, Thalia, and Leo, but none of them had picked up.

In despair, I start to dial Percy's number into my phone. Once again, he answers immediately. "Hey Broski! So, did you call the others? Cause I am in severe need of some good news," Percy greets.

I laugh nervously. "Well then, I guess you're talking to the wrong person. I've called them several times, but nobody's replied. I - I think they're in trouble." I can hear the anxiety in my own voice, cracking as I think about the danger my friends and - worse - Piper could be in.

I hear Percy curse under his breath. "I bet the same people that took Annabeth took them," Percy spits through grinding teeth. "Alright. Well just come meet me here at Central Park, ASAP."

"Okay, I'll be there in about twenty minutes. See you later." I press END CALL and begin to fly in the direction of Central Park, lightning fast.

Annabeth's POV

"Let go of me. Now," I growl.

"Oh, don't you worry. The Master will be here soon, so be patient young one," Rupert snarls with mock concern, not loosening his grip on my arms even fractionally.

I bite back a few choice words, and say aloud, "What do you plan on doing with me, exactly? Don't ou think I deserve to know? I mean, it is my life that's on the line here."

Ignoring my question, Rupert replies, "I suggest that you be quiet, half-blood. The queen needs you, but she does not require your darling little fingers. And I will not fret to chop all of them off with my dagger and feed them to my hounds. Got it?"

I snap my mouth shut stubbornly and think about what Rupert had said. The queen needs you. Well obviously this whole thing involved Gaia, I already knew that; but what did she need me for? To sacrifice me? What about the purple match? Why the talk of operations?

My thoughts are interrupted by shouting voices coming from the entrance of the cell room.

". . .go of me! Treat. With. Care!" My heart rate quickens as I recognize the voice that spoke. I'd never been so happy to hear Leo's joking tone.

"Be quiet, you little Latino runt!" an angry sounding male snaps.

"Hey, that's - ow!" Leo shouts, and stumbles into the cement room rubbing his arm, along with four other familiar faces.

I gasp with joy, and for the first time in the past week, I smile widely - and then that grin melts away as a tall blonde haired boy with a long scar arcing down his face says, "Long time no see, Annabeth. Miss me?"

My jaw drops open as I stand, frozen in shock, before a smirking Luke. "You know, it's rude to ignore people. Why don't you answer my question, Annabeth?" His eyes turn a deadly dark color full of poison and betrayal.

"I... But..." Stuttering, I mentally slapping myself in the face for being so quiet, but I just can't bring myself to speak, to from a sentence in front of a man who is supposed to be dead. I manage to turn my surprise and hurt into anger. "It has been a long time. And I - I thought you were, ya know, dead maybe?!"

Luke snickers. "Ah, yes, is that what you're so mad about? Really, I am sorry about that. Lying has never been quite my style. But all things can be forgiven." He picks up a glass - he's not really drinking lemonade, is he?! - and sips a yellow colored liquid from it. "I didn't want things to have to come to this, but you know how it is. Evil takes its toll on everybody." He sets his cup back on the counter. "But, anyway, let's get this over with, shall we? Rupert, fetch Mikayla."

"Of course, Master," Rupert replies, quickly throwing me toward a bystanding guard, and dashes into the cell that she and I were being kept in. A few minutes later he returns with Mikayla Chang in his arms.

"Oh, hey Annabeth! Do you, uh, think you can fulfill that oath right about now?" Mikayla asks hopefully.

"Unhand her!" I demand.

"Uh, uh, uh," Luke says, waving his finger back and forth. "Temper, temper."

I glare daggers at him, and he smiles. "Rupert, bring all of them except Annabeth to the gardens. I will tell Annabeth about her special sacrifice."

Hmm, special sacrifice. That doesn't sound very good.

Without a word, Rupert and a few other people escort the rest of the demigods out of the lab. Halfway down the hall, eyes full of worry for me, Thalia shouts, "Wait! You can't do this, Luke! Let her go!"

Luke smiles evilly and makes a shooing gesture with his hand as they get pushed out the door of the cell block. "Now Annabeth. Where were we?"

OKAY, SO YEAH, IT'S BEEN A LONG TIME SINCE I'VE UPDATED, AND I FEEL REALLY BAD. PLUS, THIS CHAPTER WASN'T ONE OF MY BEST, I KNOW THAT :( SORRY!!!!! BUT, UM, LUKE?

LUKE: JESSICA DOESN'T OWN PJO OR HOO. OR CENTRAL PARK.

ME: NO I DON'T, SADLY. WELL, HAVE A FUN LIFE!!!! KEEP LIVING!!! I HOPE YOU ENJOYED! GOOD BYE, MY DARLING CUPCAKES! :) ;)