Chapter 22

HEY PEOPS!!!!!! STILL ANNABETH'S POV, I'LL SEE IF I CAN POST SOME OTHER POVS LATER IN THIS CHAPTER!!!!!!!!! OH, AND I'M JUST WONDERING HOW MANY OF YOU ACTUALLY READ THIS, SO IF YOU ARE, IN THE COMMENTS TYPE 'GO PERCABETH! <4' PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'M JUST CURIOUS, SO PLEASE PARTICIPATE!!!!!!! THANK YOU!!!!!!!! ENJOY!!!!!!!!

Annabeth's POV

Before I fell asleep, I was dreading the crazy stuff that would be in my dreams this time. I tried to keep myself busy with books, sketch pads, blue prints, music, and architecture pictures that I Googled. Pretty much anything that could keep me awake. But eventually, I drifted off and found that the terrible sights I was anticipating turned out to be much worse.

I was with Percy, and we were strolling through an empty grass field that was free of any other distractions. Percy carried a basket and I was holding a blanket. "Come on. This seems like a good place to have the picnic," Percy said. I agreed and spread the blue checkered sheet over the stale grass. We sat down and Percy pulled some food from the crocheted basket. He handed me a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.

"Thanks," I said. He nodded and pulled out his own meal. It was the same sandwich as mine, except his of course was blue. I giggled. "How'd you figure that out?"

"Hey. Ol' Seaweed Brain's got some tricks up his sleeve," he replied. We scooted closer to each other. "I love you, Annabeth."

"Love you too."

That's when we appeared somewhere else. A mist covered our vision, but when it cleared, I realized we were standing in the alley. "Oh, schist!" I screamed. "Not again!"

"Oh, but Annabeth Chase, you haven't taken your test yet," the puppet said from a projection on the end of the wall. My pride. What will happen to me?

Our surroundings changed again and I was standing in the hallway at school talking to the principle, Mr. Walsh. "Annabeth, my star student! Remember your student body president speaking at the assembly. Don't forget! I know you won't let the school down." He smiled largely and appreciatively down at me.

"Um, but sir, I'm not student body president," I said, confused.

"Oh, you always were quick to a joke! See you in the PE building, Annie," Mr. Walsh replied and stalked off to his office.

Then my body transferred to yet another new place. I stood in the gym, everyone's eyes staring down at me. "Go ahead, Annie. You may read your speech now," Mr. Walsh whispered to me, his eyes urgent. "Everybody's counting on you. Just restate your campaign promises and make them come true. Remember how you would make sure they can fly? Start with that." He gave me a broad grin and his eyes said I know you can do it! Everyone's depending on you! This school lives and dies with you! Let us fly! Let us breathe underwater! Let us control the clouds! or whatever other ridiculous promises I supposedly made.

I was holding a microphone that I brought to my lips and said, "Um..." I was so confused! What could I say? I didn't know what to do, and that infuriated me. I felt my cheeks turn red hot.

"Um..." The crowd snickered, and soon the chuckles rose into a loud laughter, people pointing and insulting me. I opened my mouth to speak one more time, but no sound came out. I tried again, but the same happened. I bit my lip and turned toward the principle who looked at me with disapproval. I turned to the other teachers, and some sneered at me while others looked at me with disappointed glances that went from their shoes to me.

My cheeks felt like they were set on fire. My heart was pumping fast and I felt miserable. I breathed uneasily and felt a cold sweat start to brew around my neck. The laughing faces, the menacing glares, the sad eyes boring into me. It was all to much! I began to hyperventilate and tears popped into my eyelids and rolled down my face. I collapsed to the ground and let my emotions poor out of me. A few teachers gathered around me and tried to lift me up while I thrashed and struggled away from their arms. I wailed and sobbed and kicked and shouted. I felt ashamed, without dignity.

It felt like eternity until I realized I was back in the alley, still going insane and freaking out. I looked up. Percy was submerged in a thick black goo. I tried to get up and save him, but I couldn't. The last thing I remember from my dream was the puppet's mouth saying, "Congratulations. You have failed."

HEY GUYS!!!!!!!!!!! SORRY I DIDN'T HAVE TIME TO INCLUDE THE REST OF THE SEVEN, BUT I WILL REALLY TRY TO UPDATE SOON!!!!!!!! REMEMBER WHAT I SAID AT THE TOP!!!!!!!!! KK, HOPE YOU ENJOYED!!!!!! BYE!!!!!!!!!!!! MR. WALSH, DO YOU MIND?

MR. WALSH: JESSICA DOESN'T OWN PJO, HOO, SAW, OR GOOGLE. BYE!!!!!!!!!!!

ME: BYE!!!!!!!!!!!