Chapter 6

HEY PEOPLE!!!!!!! THX FOR THE COMMENTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IM GONNA SKIP THE WEEKEND IN THIS STORY BECAUSE NOTHING COOL IS HAPPENING THEN, SO IT'S GONNA BE MONDAY NOW! I DON'T OWN THE STUFF THAT UNCLE RICK OWNS! ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)   P.S. DOES IT BOTHER YOU WHEN YOU TYPE 'ANNABETH' AND IT PUT'S THE RED SQUIGGLY LINE UNDER IT? IT BOTHERS ME. JUST A THOUGHT. ;)

Annabeth's POV

"Hey Annabeth!" Melissa called from across the hall.

"Hi," I replied. "What's up?"

"Okay, get this," Melissa began. "Anthony just asked me out! Isn't that weird? I had no idea he liked me! Did you?"

"No," I said. "Are you, um, excited?" I asked, confused. I didn't have experience with the usual boy girl relationships that teens go through during high school. I took a mental note to study it when I got home.

"Well, duh! I've had the biggest crush on him ever since fifth grade! I thought it was obvious," Melissa answered. "Well, anyways, he asked me to go to the swimming try-outs with him. Is Percy doing the try-outs?"

"Yeah. I'll see you there," I said.

"I bet Anthony could beat Percy!" Melissa teased.

I bit my cheek to keep from laughing. "Okay, sure. You're on!"

Then Percy walked over. "Hey Wise Girl. What's up?"

I was going to answer when Melissa said, "We were just talking about who would win at the swimming try-outs. You or Anthony."

I guess Percy didn't have the self control that I had and he laughed out loud. Melissa looked at him like she was hurt. Then Percy said, "I mean, it's anyone's game. I bet he'll do great." It's a good thing that Melissa didn't know Percy very well, because he's a terrible liar.

"Well, um, we have that assembly, right?" I asked Percy, trying to change the subject.

"Yeah," Percy said. "It's about birds, isn't it?"

I nodded. "I'm pretty excited! Of all the things I've studied, I haven't paid much attention to birds. Maybe I'll learn more about bird watching or eagles or penguins or ostriches..." I watched as both Percy and Melissa tuned out. I scowled at them and hit Percy on the shoulder.

"Hey!" Percy said. "What was that for?"

Then the bell sounded. "Come on, Seaweed Brain." Percy and I walked to the assembly together.

==========================================================================

Anthony's POV

"Hey," my friend Mark began, "Do you really like Melissa?"

"Of course not! I just need to get Annabeth jealous. Remember the plan?" I replied. Mark nodded and Jenna walked over.

"Do we know the plan?" she asked quietly as she looked around nervously. Jenna was a popular girl with pancake makeup. She didn't want to be caught 'even looking at us losers.'

"Yeah," we answered in unison. Then she frowned as she saw Percy and Annabeth walking into the assembly together.

"We should sit near them. But NOT together. You sit on Annabeth's side and I'll sit on Percy's. Got it, dorks?" Jenna snarled.

We nodded. Then Mark said dreamily, "You smell like cinnamon."

"Ugh! Stay away from me! I like Percy, SO not you! Don't talk to me outside of the plan. Make sure of that!" Jenna shouted and then left. Mark and I walked toward Annabeth, but we were stopped by Melissa.

"Hey Anthony! Aren't you excited for the swim meet? I know I am. Percy and Annabeth will be there too." Melissa said.

"Yeah, really excited. I've been practicing since July. I bet that I can beet anyone!" I replied.

"That's exactly what Annabeth and I were talking about. She thinks Percy will win, but I fought for you!" Melissa said.

I smiled to myself at the thought of Annabeth thinking Percy would win. I'm gonna show both of them what Anthony can do.

"What are you thinking so hard about?" Melissa questioned.

"Nothing. Let's go take a seat," I answered.

Just like I planned, she wanted to sit near Annabeth. Of course that was fine with me. When we sat down I asked if Melissa would get me a drink. She got up and walked out of ear shot.

"Hey Annabeth," I said. "So, I here you and Percy are going to the swimming try-outs."

She nodded.

"I bet I'll win," I commented.

"Sure. You keep thinking that," she replied. I guess she didn't believe in me. I knew that I'd win. Especially with my powers, I might as well be half fish.

I looked over to Percy who was talking to Jenna. She was smiling flirtatiously at him, but strangely, he didn't look fazed. He might be harder to break than I thought. Then the assembly began and I knew not to disturb Annabeth when she's trying to learn something. 

Time, I thought. It will take time. But soon, Annabeth Chase, you will be mine.

OKAY PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ANTHONY HAS POWERS!!!!!!!! HOW YOU WONDER WHAT THEY ARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PART FISH!!!!!!!! HOPE YOU ENJOYED!!!!!!!!!!!!!