Chapter 21

I KNOW I USUALLY WRITE AN INTRO HERE, BUT I'LL JUST GET ON WITH IT THIS TIME! ENJOY!!!!!

Annabeth's POV

I stand in the alley with emotions swimming in my mind; heartbrokenness, searing pain, hatred toward the menacing creatures that would dare do this to Percy, rage, sleepiness. But the entire time I stand there, I know that everything will work out. Percy did what I told him to do, anyway. But he better not turn back. Thank the gods Connor forced me to watch every single movie of Saw, I think.

At that moment, a video flashed back up on the stone wall. "Well done, Percy Jackson." It's the puppet. "You have chosen wisely."

Percy spins around, stunned. My mouth breaks into a wide grin. It worked! I think. It actually worked!

Percy's head whips toward my smiling face. He looks more confused then ever. My captor let's go of me, and the acid stops spreading through my arms and I feel an instant relief, even though it still hurts worse than anything I'd ever experienced. Percy dashes toward me. "Annabeth! What's going on?!" He crushes me in a hug, avoiding my stinging arms.

"The m-movie! That's what I was t-trying to tell you!" I croak. "It tries to teach a lesson about one's fatal flaw. Your l-loyalty."

He pulls away and I see a realizing expression cross his face. "Oh. You genius, Annabeth!" He grins so widely I think his face will split in half. Then he hugs me again. "I thought I would lose you!"

"Oh, but demigod. You still might," says the puppet.

"Ugh! I hate that thing!" I scream in exasperation.

"Annabeth. It's your turn." He ignores my remark with his flat voice. He almost seems bored.

"I hate your voice, too!" Now I'm just thinking aloud. That isn't smart.

The video flashes off and arms bind us again. I wince and bite back a wail as tentacles wrap back around my poison burns. I know what my flaw is. My pride.

But this time, I'm thinking clearly. Tentacles are slimy. Slippery. Maybe I can wiggle away- My body's already reacting to my thoughts. I reach for my dagger and find it's familiar handle fitting into my hand. I slash at my captor and watch it turn to dust. I glance over to Percy who apparently thought the same way I did. His masked monster is now a pile of golden sand. "Alright!" Percy shouts. "Percabeth strikes again! Woo-hoo!"

Echidna roars at us.

"Oh yeah. There's also her," Percy grumbles. "Let's get this over with."

More black clothed nasties corner us.

"And them," I add, gesturing to our new company.

"True," Percy replies.

"Tonight, my children, we will tassste demigod blood!" Echidna cheers.

Then something quite odd happens: the earth swallows Echidna and the rest of the monsters whole. Percy looks stunned, but I'm not. But hey, he doesn't call me Wisegirl for nothing.

I walk straight over to the gaping whole, and at my feet appears a message etched into the dirt; Your blood shall only be enjoyed by me. Naturally, it takes a while for me to make out the words. A shiver rolls over my back. "Percy, you might want to check this out."

He stumbles over to me and bends down to examine the floor. "What does it say?"

I begin to recite the carving, "Your blood shall only be enjoyed by me."

"Oh," Percy says. "Well that's unfortunate."

"Ya think?!" I mock. "Gaia's definitely rising, and she hasn't gotten any nicer!"

"Hey, calm down. I was only trying to lighten the mood," he says, his hands up in surrender.

"I know Seaweed Brain. Thank you. Thank you so much." I hug him and he gently hugs me back, cautious of my injuries.

"Hey. I think I have something that can help." He reaches into his pocket and produces a square of ambrosia. I nibble on it gratefully.

"Thanks, Seaweed Brain." I give him a kiss, my arms throbbing.

We slowly pull apart and look into the night sky. "Let's go home, okay?

"Okay."

SORRY ABOUT THE TFIOS REFERANCE, I JUST HAD TO! I DECIDED TO GIVE YOU A BREAK WITH ALL THE BURNING FEELS, YOUR WELCOME. HOPE YOU ENJOYED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THANKS SOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH FOR READING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HAZEL?

HAZEL: JESSICA DOESN'T OWN PJO, HOO, SAW, OR TFIOS. BYE!

ME: SEE YA LATER!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)