Chapter 15

Anthony's POV

At first, nothing happened. No ripple in the water, no shifting sand. "Father!" I shout. "You owe me an explanation!"

Silence.

I punch the beach floor. Then, much to my surprise, the ground opens up and swallows me. I shriek, and continue to fall.

Then I appear in a lone field. Fried yellow grass surrounds me, baking in the burning sun. I stand up, dazed. "Huh? Where am I?"

Then everything goes dark. I look around and I can see only one figure: A hill. I walk forward and see a woman. Her eyes sleepy, closed, but her face somehow awake. As I stroll closer, she seems to radiate sorrow; anger, resentment, hate, and malice. Pure evil.

"Come closer, Marvin. I don't bite," the woman said. A shiver rolled down my back. No one new my real name. And if they did, they wouldn't be calling me that for long.

I didn't want to take another step, but somehow, I find myself moving toward her. "Join me, Marvin. We can-"

"My name is Anthony," I say, trying to sound fierce, but instead sounding like a tiny squeaky-voiced mouse.

The woman snickered. "As you wish. But I have a proposal for you, one not many demigods get."

"Um, demi whats?" I ask.

Another chuckle. "I'll explain that later. If you accept my offer."

"Which is?"

"I would like you to join my army, Anthony. And if I were you, I'd want to. Because we share a common goal: we want Percy gone." She says the last four words slowly, enjoying every syllable.

"That's true. So? What are you going to do about it?" Then I realize that I'm talking to a really big head on a the side of a plateau. She probably has a few more tricks up her sleeves.

"I'll explain that, too. As long as you come with me."

"Come where? And anyway, why would I want to join your army? What can you do for me?" I question.

"I will give you closure. The explanation you so desperately want." Her words wash over me like a soothing breeze. She's so persuasive, I want to agree to her plan and contribute my life to it. But I know it's a trick, and I still want more information.

"I will also give you Annabeth Chase. She will be spared in our idea. She will live. But she will die horribly if you do not accept my offer."

My heart beats faster, and it feels weird because I forgot it was there. "Annabeth?" My voice is breathless.

The woman laughs wickedly. "Yes, she will be alive, in some sorts."

I think for a while. "I want another reason. Why should I join you?"

"Why shouldn't you join me? What did your father ever do for you? He certainly didn't explain your beautiful water powers, now did he? And that's all you wanted. Something so simple, why couldn't he answer you? He betrayed you and used you. I would never do that."

I want to argue more, but I'm out of words. And she'll give me what I want; the truth. It's so reasonable, I can't imagine saying no. Who would do that?

"Okay. It's a deal. What do I do?" I ask, determined.

Her sleepy face smiles maliciously. I suddenly realize that I may have made a huge mistake. "First thing's first; send a message to Percy and Annabeth. Tell them that Mother Earth has returned."

OMG! CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT?! ERMAGERD!!!!!!!!!! KK, SO THAT'S SCARY HUH? "MOTHER EARTH HAS RETURNED." CAN'T YOU JUST SEE THAT HAPPENING? KK, FELLOW DEMIGODS, SEE YA LATER! TAKE IT AWAY, ONE DIRECTION!

THE BAND: JESSICA (STAGE NAME) DOESN'T OWN PJO OR HOO!

FANS OF 1D: AAHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HARRY: DIRECTIONERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!