An Interesting Café Encounter and New Revelations

Lee Ji-eun.

She was a woman who exuded a calm and steady presence, as if all the storms in the world were reduced to whispers when she was around. Kind and clever, she attracted people effortlessly with her intelligence and kindness. She was far from a typical princess; her independence and confidence had been ingrained in her from a young age, hinting at her inner warrior.

Everyone adored her.

Her beauty was beyond words. Her flowing chocolate hair resembled earthy waves, capturing the sunlight with every subtle movement. Her eyes sparkled like river waters, reflecting serenity and grace. Her radiant smile showcased her beauty in every feature, hinting at the trouble she could bring.

But you despised her with a passion hotter than a thousand suns. Your hatred for her was like a volcano, a seething mass of boiling magma that threatened to explode. You couldn't stand anything about her, yet you couldn't tear your eyes away whenever she entered the room. Her sweet smile carried sunshine, and her voice seemed to intoxicate you like a shot of whiskey. Her casual attire—tight jeans, a wide-necked sweater, and cute brown boots—seemed to amplify your internal turmoil, rendering you incapable of coherent speech.

"Is this a spare seat?" She asked, interrupting your thoughts. You looked up and nodded, forcing a friendly expression on your face. She sat at the computer next to you, and you felt your breath hitch. She even smelled nice. You closed your eyes briefly, attempting to calm your racing heart as she began typing her essay.

As soon as she finished, she turned her head to meet your gaze, a sickly sweet smile gracing her flawless face. "I don't think I've seen you around here before," she mused, oblivious to the fact that you shared the same class. "What's your name?"

"[Y/N] [L/N]," you replied, fighting the urge to unleash your true feelings.

"Such a pretty name for a pretty face," she complimented, making you want to gag. You bit your tongue, holding back rude and offensive remarks. "I'm Lee Ji-eun, but call me IU, please."

"IU," you repeated, her name rolling off your tongue effortlessly. "You're very pretty too." You mustered a smile, perfectly crafted to deceive, even down to the wrinkles around your eyes.

"Thank you," she laughed warmly. "Wait, I feel like I've heard your name somewhere before, [Y/N]..."

"We're in the same Sociology class," you reminded her.

"Oh, right!" She suddenly remembered. "That's strange. Your pretty face isn't one I'd easily forget."

"Ah, thank you again," you feigned a faint blush, while internally plotting her demise. "But maybe it's because I sit at the back and keep to myself."

"But it's more than that," she insisted, tilting her head as she studied your face. You squirmed in your seat, uncomfortable under her scrutiny.

"Huh?"

"Oh, yes!" Her eyes lit up as she recalled something significant. "[Y/N]! Hoseok has a huge crush on you."

"What?" Your eyes widened in surprise.

Jung Hoseok...

Had a crush on you?

Jung Hoseok, the embodiment of sunshine. Popular, kind, and intelligent. You had no interest in him, but knew him as one of Jungkook's closest friends.

She giggled at your clueless reaction, her giggle resembling a stone skipping across a glossy lake, creating ripples of mirth. It infuriated you.