The Silence of Loving Someone, But Never Telling Them

Song of the chapter:
Softcore - The Neighbourhood

Jungkook's mind raced, desperate to unveil the identity of his mystery girl. He couldn't bear the uncertainty any longer and decided to seek assistance from his friends, hoping they could provide some insight without giving away too much.

"Hey guys," Jungkook began, his voice tinged with frustration, as he sat with his friends at a table. "Have any of you ever come across a girl who seems...different? Like she doesn't quite fit in, maybe a bit peculiar?"

His friends exchanged puzzled glances, taken aback by Jungkook's sudden inquiry.

"What's gotten into you, Jungkook? You've been acting strangely today," Namjoon pointed out, furrowing his brow.

"Is this about [Y/N]? Do you have a secret crush on her?" Hoseok teased, a mischievous glint in his eyes.

Jungkook let out an exasperated sigh. "No, it's not about [Y/N]. Can you guys just answer the question? Time is ticking."

Taehyung, with a skeptical look, shook his head. "Sorry, Jungkook, can't think of anyone like that."

"Yeah, me neither," Jimin added, shrugging his shoulders.

Namjoon, however, seemed to be lost in thought. "Actually, now that you mention it, there is someone who fits your description. Lee Sunmi."

Jungkook's interest was piqued. "Lee Sunmi? Why her?"

Namjoon leaned in, sharing what he knew. "She's stunning, popular, and incredibly talented in dancing. But there's something peculiar about her, as you mentioned. During one of her creative writing classes, she wrote an essay that took a dark turn into themes of murder and obsession. It was so vivid and disturbing that the professor had to remove her from the classroom."

A smirk played on Jungkook's lips as he absorbed the information. "Perfect. Can you introduce me to her?"

Namjoon raised an eyebrow, sensing Jungkook's growing fascination. "Why the sudden interest, Jungkook?"

Jungkook leaned back in his chair, a sly expression on his face. "Let's just say she might be my newest muse. She could inspire my next novel."

His friends' eyes widened with excitement, eager to witness Jungkook's creative spark reignited.

"That's amazing!" Jimin exclaimed. "What's the novel about? Can we get a sneak peek? What's the title?"

Jungkook chuckled, shaking his head. "No spoilers, guys. This one is going to be different from anything I've done before. It'll captivate, intrigue, and enrapture you. You'll just have to wait and see."

Curiosity brimming, Namjoon asked about the progress with his publishers.

"I haven't informed them yet," Jungkook admitted. "I'm still working on the first draft, but I'll send it to them soon. Exciting times ahead."

As the conversation shifted back to Lee Sunmi, Namjoon volunteered to arrange a meeting during her upcoming dance performance.

Grinning ear to ear, Jungkook expressed his gratitude. "That would be perfect. Thanks, Hyung. You're the best!"

Unbeknownst to Jungkook, a figure sat unnoticed in the adjacent booth, absorbing every word and plotting your next move. You had been listening intently, formulating a plan that would challenge Jungkook's assumptions and turn the tables in your favour.

• • •

Taehyung seethed with an indescribable fury, consumed by a volatile anger that surged through his veins like molten lava. The intensity threatened to unleash words he didn't mean and expose thoughts he had kept buried for far too long.

Aware that this overwhelming rage would eventually subside, Taehyung couldn't risk revealing his true feelings. He needed to escape the toxic environment that had triggered his anger, prompting him to abruptly leave the café, leaving his friends bewildered.

Seeking solace, Taehyung plugged his earbuds in and turned up the volume, immersing himself in music. The melodies flowed through him, washing away the remnants of anger, soothing his frayed nerves. As the turbulent emotions receded, he found a sense of calm, a reprieve from the storm within.

But then, a memory struck him. He recalled the look of elation on his best friend's face when Jungkook discovered his newfound muse. The sight of Jungkook's wicked smile sent a wave of bitterness coursing through Taehyung. It seemed that Jungkook had finally found his true inspiration, and it wasn't him. It was always someone else, never Kim Taehyung.

Unfairness gripped Taehyung, and tears welled in his eyes, cascading down his cheeks. His chin quivered, betraying the turmoil within, as he struggled to contain his emotions, feeling the weight of his vulnerability.

A cacophony of static filled his mind, a side effect of the constant fear and stress he carried. He listened to his own anguish, sounding like a wounded child, stripped raw from within. It drained something from him, a reserve he didn't know he had left. That was the mark of a soul shattered, an injury invisible to all but himself.

Taehyung longed to switch off these unbearable emotions, to escape the pain that plagued him. He yearned for a life where meeting Jungkook had never happened, where he could have been spared the torment of unrequited love.

His tears became his lifeline, keeping his spirit alive amidst the scorching pain. They couldn't erase what had been, but they propelled him forward, carrying him to a time when the agony would be a distant memory, fading into insignificance. One day, perhaps, it would fade enough to be forgotten, and maybe, just maybe, he could banish it from his mind entirely. It felt peculiar to be grateful for tears, to take pride in shedding them, but if they could save him from succumbing to darkness, from becoming a callous monster numb to sorrow and suffering, then crying was the wisest choice.

Now, however, the tempest of emotions became unbearable for Taehyung. Physically strong but mentally broken, he was depleted, spent. He had shed all tears for someone he knew he could never have.

Emotionally bankrupt, there seemed to be nothing left to feel, nothing left to cry about. Only an empty void remained, engulfing his soul in a swirling storm of darkness, heartbreak, and sheer frustration.

Did he ever truly love Jungkook? Or was he merely addicted to the exquisite pain—the beautiful agony of desiring someone unattainable?