What Are We?

Jungkook hovered over you, reveling in the sweet sound of his name escaping your lips, intertwining with moans that filled the room, thick with desire. He couldn't help but smirk, captivated by your dangerous yet irresistibly soft smile.

To him, your lips were not just pretty, but an intoxicating drug that sent his senses into a sensual frenzy. He lightly brushed his fingers against your lips, savouring their touch before the overwhelming urge to kiss you consumed him entirely. The desire to claim you, to leave his mark, coursed through his veins.

He watched intently as you grasped the silky sheets, your eyes fluttering shut, succumbing to waves of pleasure that washed over your body. Leaning closer to your perfectly tinted, pink lips, he recoiled suddenly, unable to taste their deliciousness, the essence that made them uniquely yours. He tried again and again, but still, nothing.

The intoxicating touch of your hands vanished, along with the melodious chorus of his name escaping your luscious lips like a prayer. It became phantom-like, unreal, inconsistent. And just like that, an all-too-familiar sound pierced the moment of intimacy he had finally shared with you—his eyes slowly opened to the annoying sound of his alarm clock.

Abruptly pulled from his peaceful slumber, Jungkook jolted upright, frustration etched on his face as he forcefully hit the snooze button, nearly breaking it in the process.

Damn it, mystery girl.

Reluctantly, he uncovered his face, squinting at the streaks of sunlight that invaded his room, momentarily blinding him. He cursed under his breath, sitting up and rubbing his knuckles against his eyes, attempting to dispel the sleepiness. Stretching his arms above his head, he yawned and observed his legs dangling above the off-white carpet, curiosity flickering in his gaze.

Since the day you set foot in Jungkook's house, you had effortlessly infiltrated his every thought. Normal musings seemed to evaporate instantly, replaced by a melancholic yearning and vivid fantasies, often involving you sans clothing. It was as if his brain had undergone an overnight reprogramming, overwritten entirely. All his previous interests had been erased, replaced solely by the image of your face and the sweet melody of your voice.

"I wonder if she's watching me right now," Jungkook pondered silently.

The truth was, you weren't. Usually, you would be, but not today.

He couldn't understand what had come over him. Thoughts of your smile consumed his mind incessantly. It was exquisite, captivating. There was something undeniably intoxicating about the way your smile radiated, as if butterflies took flight from the depths of your being and the sun itself found solace within your heart. Your smile had the power to make Jungkook feel truly alive, more human than ever.

Was he falling for you?

Or were you merely an invigorating challenge, a muse for his new novel?

This uncertainty plagued him. The notion that he might be falling for you blurred the line between morality and investigative curiosity. These feelings were foreign to him; he had never experienced anything like this before. Typically, he would discard his playthings once he was finished, ending the night with a lifeless body and a surge of satisfaction coursing through his veins. But you...

You were different.

Your morality stood in stark contrast to the others. In a twisted way, you were pure, innocent. The love you harboured for him, the love that resided within your heart, was undeniably real. Jungkook knew you would do anything for him, regardless of the circumstances, and he respected that. He respected you. He had never encountered someone willing to show him such compassion, to give him the love he deserved, something he had sorely missed throughout his life. He held a soft spot for you, but it was becoming increasingly perplexing for him to comprehend within his chaotic mind.