A Very...Interesting Seating Arrangement

Rain poured relentlessly from the ashen sky, as if the heavens themselves had chosen this moment to unleash their fury upon Seoul. The sudden downpour transformed the atmosphere into an icy, dishevelled mess, with no respite in sight. A once serene cerulean canvas had been engulfed by dark, predatory storm clouds, encircling the city like a predator stalking its prey. The ominous rumble of thunder resonated through the cool autumn air, as raindrops battered the ground with relentless force, creating a deluge that seemed to barricade everything in its path.

Jin sighed with frustration as he started the car's engine, taking on the role of the group's designated driver. Namjoon sat beside him in the passenger seat, while the remaining members—Jungkook, Taehyung, Yoongi, Hoseok, and Jimin—squeezed uncomfortably in the back. Their refusal to brave the rain or rely on public transportation highlighted their laziness, leaving Jin as their reluctant saviour once again.

"Such awful weather," Jin muttered, shaking his head as he prepared to navigate through the tempest. "You all owe me big time for this. Count your blessings that Mr. Worldwide Handsome is here to save the day."

Yoongi, his patience wearing thin, snapped, "just shut up and start driving already. I'm being squashed back here."

Jin rolled his eyes at Yoongi's grumbling but refrained from further comment as he focused on the road ahead.

Hoseok leaned against the window, gazing out at the rain-soaked world beyond. "Can you imagine walking in this rain?" He mused, his voice a soft murmur. "Although, there's something strangely soothing about the sound of rain."

Jungkook nodded silently, his thoughts drifting away as the raindrops danced upon his chestnut locks. He found solace in the symphony of the winds and the unpredictable flashes of lightning that accompanied the thunder's ominous rumble. Rain, to him, was a perfect orchestration—a childhood fascination he held dear, despite his lack of a conventional upbringing.

Namjoon broke the silence, his eyes meeting Jungkook's in the rearview mirror. "How's your book coming along?" He asked, genuine interest etched on his face.

"It's going well," Jungkook replied, a hint of excitement in his voice. "The publishers were initially hesitant since it's different from my usual work, but they're slowly being captivated by the unique storyline."

Jimin's curiosity piqued. "I can't wait to read it! By the way, what ever happened to Lee Sunmi?"

Jungkook swallowed nervously, momentarily forgetting about her and the choices he had made. Taehyung, perceptive as ever, glanced at his best friend knowingly but remained silent, acting as though he knew nothing of the turmoil that had unfolded.

"I'm not sure," Jungkook nonchalantly shrugged. "It's not like she was ever really into me anyway."

Lies.

Taehyung chimed in, a touch of mischief in his voice. "That's surprising. You're the kind of guy everyone falls for, whether they want to or not."

"Yeah, well, whatever," Jungkook replied dismissively, not wanting to delve into this unnecessary conversation any further. "I don't care about her."

Unbeknownst to Jungkook, Taehyung felt a surge of strange elation at his best friend's words. However, he concealed his true feelings, not ready to reveal his intentions.

The rain continued its relentless assault as the car moved through the waterlogged streets, splashes of water greeting their every step. Each raindrop seemed to create a melodic rhythm, painting the world in shades of glossy wetness. As the car progressed, a flash of [H/L] [H/C] hair caught Hoseok's attention, and he realised it was you, walking through the rain, seemingly oblivious to the downpour. An indescribable attraction swelled within him as he watched you, and concern for your well-being ignited.