England Bound, Brother!

Jungkook's abrupt awakening was punctuated by the unwelcome intrusion of his brother's persistent voice on the other end of the line. With a groan, he burrowed deeper into the silk covers, seeking refuge from the early morning chaos.

"Absolutely not. Now kindly leave me alone," Jungkook retorted firmly, his patience already worn thin by the ungodly hour. The sun had barely grazed the horizon, and he was in no mood for his brother's antics.

His brother's plea dripped with desperation, a stark contrast to Jungkook's irritation. "Please," he begged, his voice tinged with urgency.

Jungkook scoffed, the annoyance evident in his tone. "I've already declined, haven't I? What part of no eludes you?" His frustration simmered beneath the surface, threatening to boil over at any moment.

But his brother persisted, each word laced with a sense of familial obligation that Jungkook couldn't ignore. "Elizabeth's family will be there, and...you're all I have left, Jungkook."

"Elizabeth?" Jungkook couldn't help but chuckle at the name, a hint of mockery colouring his tone. "How quintessentially British of you, Jung-hyun. Are you two sipping tea and discussing the weather as well?"

His brother's response was grave, his tone devoid of humour. "Show some respect, Jungkook. She's my fiancée. And you're my brother. I want you there."

Rolling his eyes, Jungkook brushed off the sentiment. "Please spare me the sentimental nonsense. You've got other friends, don't you? Pick one of your posh British mates to be your best man."

His brother's rebuttal was swift. "None of them are you."

The words lingered in the air, a reminder of the unbreakable bond between them. Despite their differences, despite the miles that separated them, they were still family.

Jungkook scoffed, a hint of incredulity in his voice. "I highly doubt that."

But his brother refused to relent, his persistence unwavering. "I'd do it for you."

A smirk tugged at Jungkook's lips, the tension momentarily lifted. "Oh, please. As if I'd ever tie the knot. And you? You wouldn't even make the shortlist for my best man."

"Really?" His brother's voice dripped with skepticism through the phone. "So, if not me, then who? Taehyung?"

Jungkook hesitated, the weight of his unspoken tensions with Taehyung hanging heavy in the air. Despite the rift between them since he'd officially asked you to be his girlfriend, Jungkook couldn't bring himself to apologise. His pride stood as an insurmountable barrier to reconciliation. "It would still be Taehyung," he finally admitted. "But regardless, my answer remains no. Can you please drop it?"

His brother's patience waned audibly. "Elizabeth is a huge fan of yours, Jungkook. She's read your book and is eagerly awaiting your new release. It would mean everything to her if you could just—"

"So, it's just to impress your girl then?" Jungkook cut in sharply, a bitter edge to his tone. "I thought you actually missed your little bro, but I guess I was mistaken."

Jungkook's response caught his brother off guard. "No, that's not it! I swear! It's just—"

"Am I supposed to be flattered that your fiancée is secretly obsessed with her future brother-in-law?" Jungkook retorted, masking his hurt with sarcasm. "Well, she can join the rest of my fan club. Now, as I've said before, leave me alone."