The Duality of Kim Taehyung

Song of the chapter:
Flawless - The Neighbourhood

Kim Taehyung.

The man possessed an undeniable allure, exuding both sexiness and charm. His hair, a mesmerising ashen grey, shimmered like silver in the light. It wasn't an ordinary shade of grey; it held the essence of smouldering ashes, the grace of a pigeon's wing, and the captivating hue of the ocean just before daybreak.

His eyes, an intense electric blue, held a depth that only true artists could appreciate. Within each shade, there were countless hidden layers, and Taehyung's eyes perfectly captured that intensity. They were striking yet gentle, evoking a sensation that made one's blood curdle and dance with excitement.

Taehyung was a shameless lover and a fervent dreamer. It all began when he met his best friend, Jeon Jungkook, when they were just ten years old. Taehyung vividly remembered that day, as if it had happened only yesterday. Back then, his hair was a tousled chestnut, and he sat on the edge of a park bench, eagerly waiting for Jungkook's worn-out leather shoes to appear on the path. It was peculiar how someone as shy and quiet as Taehyung could form such a strong connection so swiftly, trusting someone so readily. But there was something irresistible about Jungkook's genuine smile—a warmth, a tenderness that Taehyung couldn't resist.

Taehyung cherished the moments when Jungkook patiently listened to his family problems, absorbing each word with care. Spending time with Jungkook lifted his spirits, and their bond grew stronger. Jungkook became his best friend, his soulmate—the person Taehyung would willingly sacrifice everything for.

But as Taehyung fell deeper in love with the idea of falling in love, he knew that Jungkook could never truly be his. The mere thought of Jungkook lingered in his mind every second of the day. Whenever their eyes met, Taehyung felt his breath hitch in his throat, as if Jungkook's gaze burned him like staring at the sun for too long. Jungkook was his ultimate crush, an unattainable love, and Taehyung had accepted that painful truth.

However, something unusual caught your attention. You were working on your computer when you heard the front door of Jungkook's house open unexpectedly. Perplexed, you watched the live feed from your surveillance cameras. A tall, dark figure rushed past, heading straight to Jungkook's bedroom. It was evident that this person wasn't Jungkook.

Zooming in on the screen, you witnessed the intruder flopping onto Jungkook's bed, swiftly discarding his shirt. His physique seemed chiselled by the gods themselves. In shock, you covered your mouth, unable to tear your eyes away.

It felt wrong, sinful, yet you couldn't resist watching this stranger defile your lover's sacred space. There was an unmistakable sense of outrage and a special place in hell reserved for someone like him. You wanted to scream, to confront this vile intruder, but you were rendered speechless, fixated on the screen like witnessing a horrific accident—disturbing yet impossible to look away.

"Oh, Jungkook," the man's husky voice echoed, making you squirm in discomfort. "Why won't you love me back?"

"B-Because he was made for me, and me alone," you whispered, panic flooding your veins. Disgust and horror coursed through you as you recognised the familiar voice. Despite the dim lighting obscuring his face, there was no mistaking him—Kim Taehyung, Jungkook's longtime best friend.

As the realisation struck that the intruder was none other than Kim Taehyung, Jungkook's best friend, a surge of conflicting emotions engulfed you. The dim lighting had obscured his features, but the silver hair and piercing blue eyes confirmed his identity beyond doubt.