Meet the Parents

"Holy shit," you breathed out shamelessly, your eyes widening in complete surprise as Jungkook swung open the front door, presenting his incredibly alluring self to you.

You unabashedly ogled Jungkook, taking in the contours of his sharp jaw, defined chin, and those prominent cheekbones. He appeared like a different person today, a dazzling transformation. Two blazing brown eyes peeked out from behind oval-shaped glasses perched on his straight nose, adding an extra layer of charm to his already porcelain-perfect face. Lord have mercy on my soul—those damn glasses. His dark eyebrows arched gracefully over an artful cascade of chestnut waves. Adorned in a turtleneck jumper beneath a sleek trench coat, he exuded intelligence and handsomeness, making it almost difficult for you to catch your breath.

"Is it too much?" Jungkook inquired, pulling you back from your reverie as you blinked rapidly to adjust to his stunning new look. "I wanted to try something new, aiming for the boy-next-door vibe."

"You look amazing," you stuttered, your breath momentarily stolen by his godly appearance. "I love the glasses and the wavy hair. My parents will absolutely adore you."

"Thank you," he chuckled, a faint blush gracing his soft cheeks. "And if you keep looking at me like that, I don't know what I'll do. You're really giving me bedroom eyes."

"S-Sorry," you quickly apologised, nervously fumbling with your hands. "You just look so...good."

"You look very pretty too," he replied, smiling.

You opted for minimal makeup and an elegant, modest dress that adhered to your parents' preferences.

"Thank you."

"Go wait in the car; I'll grab the flowers and be right back."

"Flowers?"

"Yeah," he replied. "I need to make a good impression, don't I? I hope they like peonies."

"I don't see why they wouldn't," you said, tucking a loose strand of [H/C] hair behind your ear. "And thank you for doing all of this for me. You really didn't have to."

"Of course I did," he grinned blissfully, his infectious smile causing your heart to skip a beat. "You're my girlfriend, remember?"

• • •

"Holy fuck," Jungkook breathed in disbelief, his voice a mere whisper as he navigated through the upscale neighbourhood. "So, you're gorgeous and loaded?"

You let out an exasperated sigh, leaning back into the plush leather passenger seat. The car meandered through the narrow lanes, flanked by bungalows and chalets, the varnished cobblestones creating an uneven canvas beneath the wheels. It had been almost three years since you last visited your family mansion, yet the ambiance remained untouched by the chaos of bustling cities. The bungalows, adorned with peeling lemon-coloured paint, bore witness to stains and blotches of coffee and sludge, signs of the passage of time. Lofty gates made of flaking rusty iron guarded the stone steps leading to the bungalows.

A few elderly residents ambled along the stoned street, supported by wooden walking sticks, their glasses slipping down their noses due to the greasy, slippery wetness. Rambunctious teenagers laughed at a silly joke, their leader exuding an arrogant aura with slicked-back hair. Small children played around a fountain, their mothers chattering loudly as if no one else existed.