Chapter 4

After everyone had calmed down, they decided to get something to eat and headed to the diner.

“Man, you really gave me a heart attack Chris! We knew what kind of shape you were in when we left you and yet when we come back there’s no sign of you! I really ought to rip your head off for that one!” Bethany flared. Christie couldn’t help but let out a laugh. On hearing her laughing, Bethany grabbed her shirt and shook her like crazy.

“It is not funny!” Christie tried to stop laughing, but Bethany’s reaction only made it worse.

“I know! I know! I’m sorry! I’m sorry!” Bethany finally let go and sat back down.

“Shesh! I swear you get me all worked up for nothing.” RJ just smiled and shook his head.

“At least you managed to find Maria. Did you actually just happen to run into the guy who had her?” Christie held Maria on her lap.

“Yes I did. It seemed too good to be true, but I couldn’t deny that it really was Maria he had in his hand.” Looking into Maria’s eyes, Christie was just so relieved and happy to have her back in her arms. Bethany scratched the back of her neck.

“Well stranger things have happened I guess. The important thing is that you got her back and now we can get back to enjoying our fun filled day.” RJ and Christie nodded in agreement. After finishing their snack, they decided to ride some more rides. The first ride they went to was called The Black Out. It looked like some kind of crazy coaster where the carts looked like cars.

“Oh cool! I’ve heard of this ride. It’s a brand new one they just put in the last opening season. It’s has a driving school theme with model cars as the carts. It also has hills that reach almost four stories high and tunnels with real 3-D light up effects. But the best part is that it can reach speeds of almost a hundred mph just like a real car.”

“Yahoo! Now that sounds like my kind of coaster! First one there gets shotgun!” Bethany stated as she took off.

“Hey no fair! You got a head start!” Christie called out as she ran after her. RJ just smiled as he followed them from behind. As they made their way to the front of the line, Bethany was getting all worked up.

“Man this is so exciting! I love being able to try out new rides! And the best part is that these carts have four seats each so it will be like we have the course all to ourselves!”

“I just hope that it won’t make us sick. Mr. Maydew told me that it’s not a great idea to go for a ride after you’ve eaten.” Christie mentioned.

“That’s only if you've had a big meal, Chris. All we had were a couple pieces of pizza and none of us have sensitive stomachs. We’ll be just fine.” RJ assured.

“That’s a relief.” Finally, it was their turn.

“Woo Hoo! Let’s get this ride on!” Bethany cheered. RJ and Christie were right behind her. They were just about to board when one of the workers grabbed Christie’s arm.

“Miss? Do you have a partner?” Christie formed a confused look on her face.

“A partner?”

“Yes, it’s required that everyone be paired up with someone on this ride.” Christie looked at RJ who shrugged.

“Sorry, Chris. I didn’t know about that part.”

“Well, what should we do? Take turns?” Bethany suggested. Christie formed a bit of a sad look on her face. She really wanted to enjoy this new ride for the first time with both of her best friends. Just then, she felt someone put their arm around her.