Chapter 30

Soon, everyone was all set to begin a new adventure.

"Boy, you should really try one of these suits, Sandra. They really aren't as tight as they look." Greta said as she zipped up the zipper. Sandra stuck out her tongue.

"No way! Those things totally clash with everything that's good in fashion. Besides, I'm not the only one not wearing them." She said looking at Matt and Christie.

"I don't care how slimming they may feel. I absolutely refuse to wear something that's not in good taste." She said with her hands on her hips.

"I can't imagine what she would be saying if we asked her to wear the flippers." Bethany whispered. RJ chuckled.

"Probably something like 'I have no desire to have feet longer than my legs.'" He teased. Bethany struggled to hold in her laughter. With that said, they all headed for the dock.

"See you guys at the bottom." Greta said as she dove in first. Bethany shook her head.

"Does she even know where to go?" Sandra rolled her eyes.

"No, she's just getting overexcited again." Bethany chuckled.

"Well, we'd better go after her. After all, Matt and Chris are the only ones who know where the cave is." Sandra nodded as the two of them jumped in the water. RJ walked up to the edge.

"We can't let the girls have all the fun. Ready to discover an underwater light show, Ben?" Benjiro smiled.

"Indeed. I am quite looking forward to it. Are you all prepared to show us the way, Chris?" Christie smiled.

"As ready as we'll ever be."

"Then let's get going. I'm getting more excited by the minute about this whole thing!" RJ said as he jumped over the dock. Benjiro shook his head as he jumped in right behind him. Christie walk up to the edge and looked at the water. Matt walked up next to her to see she had a nervous look on her face.

"Something wrong, Chris?" Christie lifted her head.

"I'm just nervous about trying to move around underwater with this thing on my back. What if it weighs me down or restricts my movements?" Matt smiled.

"It will be alright. Just remember to keep your legs straight and rotate them back and forth like you did before. It may take a second to get used to, but it won't hold you down or anything." Christie looked at him.

"Have you gone swimming with this thing on your back before?" Matt nodded.

"Sure did. At first, I felt the same way you did. I was a bit concerned I wouldn't be able to move with such a big pack. But once I got my bearings, it turned out to not be so bad." Christie looked at the pack with a concerned look.

"If everyone else is okay to wear them, than I guess I can give it a try." Matt smiled.

"You'll be just fine." Christie looked to see him hold his hand out to her.

"Just take my hand and hold on tight." Christie looked at his hand and formed a sad look on her face.

"I'm sorry, Matt. I didn't want to have to depend on you so much. Yet, it feels like I am." Matt smiled.

"No you're not." Christie formed a surprised look on her face.

"You're not depending on anybody for anything. You're just being you and doing the best you can. As long as you keep on doing that, that's what really matters." For a second, the two of them just stood there. Then Christie was able to form a smile as she accepted Matt's hand. The two of them put their face masks over the mouths and jumped in to join the others.