Chapter 20

For the next several hours, everyone went through the clothes racks pulling out piece after piece. Christie found herself in the dressing room more often than anyone else seeing as how Casandra kept pulling out outfits for her to try on.

"Let's see, maybe we can put this skirt with this shirt? Or maybe this sweater with these shoes?"

"I think she'd look good in both options. She definitely has the right shape for just about anything." Sandra stated.

"That's for sure. Even some of my clothes are too big for her." Bethany added. Just then, Christie peaked out of the fitting room.

"Um, excuse me." Everyone looked at her. She was wearing a yellow dress with pink flowers.

"I tried it on like you asked." Casandra's face brightened as she clapped her hands together.

"Oh! How adorable! You look like a little flower girl!"

"All she needs now is a little white jacket and a white umbrella." Bethany pointed out.

"Throw in a pair of white heels and you'll make people's hearts melt." Sandra added. Christie smiled as she tried not to blush. Casandra clapped her hands.

"Alright than! We are definitely adding this one to the package!" Christie looked to the side to see the pile of clothes she had tried on. She didn't even realize there were so many.

"Wait! I can't possibly accept all this! It's too much!" Casandra smiled.

"Nonsense, my son's girlfriend deserves the best of the best. Besides, this is only the third store. We still have several more to cover." Christie formed a fake smile.

"That doesn't really make me feel better. I don't want everyone to spend all their money on me." With a big smile, Casandra put her hands on her shoulders.

"It's no trouble at all, dear. After everything you've been through, the least we can do is give you a fresh clean wardrobe. You certainly deserve it." Christie formed a surprised look on her face as Casandra nodded.

"Hey Mom!" Sandra called out.

"Check out this camisole! Wouldn't it look so cute with a pair of black pants?!" She said with a big smile.

"Let's have a look see." Casandra stated with a big smile as she walked over to them. Christie stayed behind and looked at herself in the mirror. She couldn't help but twirl around as she loved making the skirt fan out.

"All these new clothes. I don't think I've ever had these many clothes my whole life. I feel bad for not being able to help pay for any of them." She thought for a minute.

"But...They did say that they had the money for it all. They sure make more than I do. I guess I should look at it as another step towards moving forward. I've made up my mind to stop holding myself back and I certainly can't do that on my own. I do need help." She formed a big smile.

"And with my friends by my side, I know I can get all the help I need."

"And we're more than happy to provide it for you." A voice spoke out from behind her. She turned to see Matt smiling at her.

"Matt? I thought you went to check out the sporting clothes with your dad and the other boys?" Matt chuckled.

"I sneaked away for a minute. I wanted to make sure you were still in one piece. You know, if it's becoming too much for you to handle, you can just tell me. I'll sort out my folks for you." Christie let out a laugh.

"Thanks, but I'm alright. I'm just so happy to be showered with all these warm feelings of love and generosity. It makes me feel so special. I didn't think I would ever feel so much love from so many people. It fills my heart with so much joy it could explode." Matt smiled.