Chapter 18

The next day, Christie walked to school with a big smile on her face. She couldn't stop looking at her new phone.

"This is the first time I've ever had a cell phone. I can't wait to show it to the others." Just then, her phone started beeping. It made her jump as it buzzed in her hand.

"Oh, that scared me. I'll have to get used to that." She stated as she opened it up. It had a big picture of an envelope on the screen.

"Oh I've heard about these. Bethany said they were called text messages. Let's see...I push this button that says view, right?" Pushing the button, she watched as the envelope opened up and a letter popped out. Christie looked at the name at the top. It had Matt printed on it with his number next to his name.

"It's a message from Matt." With a smile, she read it.

"I hope you're enjoying your new toy. My parent's called to let us know they'd be getting here tomorrow morning. If you'd like, you can spend the night at our house tonight so you can go with us to the station in the morning. Let me know what you'd like to do. I'll come pick you up at the store around midnight. Hope you have a good day. I love you. Your prince." Christie couldn't help but smile. Looking at the bottom of the screen, she saw a button which read reply.

"So if I hit this, I can send a message back to him?" Pushing the button, the screen turned into a keyboard. With a smile, she typed in her message.

"I absolutely love my new toy. I'm still getting used to it, but I'm thrilled to see what all I can do with it. I would love to spend the night at your house. I'll stop by my house to pick up some things before I go to work. I'll be looking for you at the store. Hope you have a good day too. I love you. Your princess." With that, she hit the send button. She looked to see another message pop up. This one read 'sent successful.' With a smile, Christie closed her phone back up and put it safely in her pocket. Just then, she heard a loud bell. She lifted her head up to see it was coming from the school.

"Yikes! The school bell! I've got to hurry!" She freaked as she ran down the sidewalk and into the school grounds. As she rushed down the hallways, she was careful not to trip. Rushing up to the door to the classroom, she stopped to catch her breath.

"Running a bit behind today, Christie?" Christie looked up to see Mrs. Vapor standing there with a smile. Christie straightened herself up.

"Yes ma'am. I've had a lot of exciting things happen to me these past couple days. I've been a little out of it."

"I see. Well that's understandable. Just make sure you don't become so disoriented that you loose track of what's happening in front of you." Christie smiled.

"Yes ma'am." With that, Mrs. Vapor opened the door and the two of them walked into the classroom.

After getting through their morning classes, Christie joined her friends in the cafeteria for lunch. Once there, Christie showed off her phone to her friends.

"Wow, this is so cool. He got you the latest model. It's got a camera and everything." RJ stated as he looked it over.

"I think the cat key-chain is an excellent touch. It certainly fits your personality, Chris." Benjiro stated. Bethany took the phone from RJ's hand.

"Since we're all here, how about we take a few pictures? That way you can get familiar with how to use your phone's camera."

"That's a great idea." The friends spent the next few minutes taking several pictures. After that, Bethany showed Christie how to use a picture as her phone's screen saver. Christie looked at her phone to see the picture of her and her three best friends.