Chapter 10

As the rest of the week flew by, Christie kept herself busy with school and work. Though she was still anxious for Friday to come, she realized she couldn't let that stop her from doing her duties. By focusing on what needed to be done, time quickly went by as Friday finally came.

"Yahoo! Time to get our shop on!" Bethany cheered as she, Christie, and RJ walked into the mall.

"Babe, try to stay calm okay. Remember, we're here to look for something to wear to the dance tomorrow. Not to buy out the whole store." RJ stated.

"Don't worry. I'll remember. Still, you can't blame me for getting a little excited." Christie rolled her eyes.

"If you were any more excited, you'd be jumping through the roof." Bethany just grinned.

"By the way, I thought you said Sandra and Greta were coming?" RJ asked.

"They are. I just talked to Sandra this morning. We're meeting them at the first store." Bethany stated.

"Well than, I guess we shouldn't keep them waiting."

"That's the spirit. Let's get this party started!" Bethany cheered as she practically skipped down the hall. Already exhausted, Christie leaned on RJ's shoulder.

"I am so glad you're here. I wouldn't be able to survive this if you weren't." RJ chuckled.

"That's just part of being a friend and a boyfriend. Sometimes you've just got to weather the storm." Christie couldn't help but laugh as they followed Bethany. As they were walking up to the first store, they spotted Sandra and Greta waiting for them.

"Hey guys! Long time no see!" Sandra waved.

"You said it. I'm so glad you were able to make it." Bethany cheered.

"And miss out on a high school dance? Not a chance. I never miss an opportunity to get all dressed up." Sandra stated.

"It was really nice of you to invite us to your dance, Beth." Greta added with a smile.

"My pleasure. The more friends, the bigger the party I always say." Looking behind Bethany, Sandra spotted Christie and RJ. With a big grin on her face, she went up and gave Christie a pat on the shoulder.

"As for you Missy, way to snatch up your first date, especially when it's as someone as sulky as my little bro." Christie blushed.

"I...I didn't do that much. I just asked if he'd like to come that's all."

"Right. Well good job either way. Not just anyone can get my little bro off his high horse. Which is why I'm going to make it my goal to make you extra fancy for tomorrow." Christie swallowed hard but tried to smile.

"I see. Thank you." She managed to nervously say.

"Alright! Now that we're all here, let's get going!" Bethany stated.

"Yeah!" Sandra and Greta cheered. Full on energy, the three of them marched into the store.

"RJ, what have we gotten ourselves into this time?" Christie asked just standing there with a spaced out look on her face. RJ scratched his head and smiled.

"A whole new world of trouble I guess. Just like we always do." Christie leaned forward as her arms swayed.

"Why did I let Beth talk me into this?" RJ chuckled as he took her hand and started leading her inside.

"All I can say is that I hope you're wearing comfortable walking shoes." Christie mumbled as they caught up to the others.

Like kids in a candy store, Bethany and Sandra were soaring through the racks grabbing everything they could find in their size.