Chapter 1

Alyssa's P.O.V.
With sunglasses covering up the black eye Cory gave me I stroll into the Mystic Grill taking a seat "Matt scotch please." I tell him in a monotone voice. He nods his head and begins to make my drink. I lean my head on my fist waiting.I notice someone sitting next to me but I don't dare look at him I would be punished Cory is watching. Matt sets the drink down in front of me and I lift my head sitting up. Matt reaches his hands towards me and starts to take off my glasses. "Hey what-" I start to protest. "Again Alyssa? Why do you keep letting him do this to you? Why won't you leave?" Matt asks rage filled in his voice. "It was my fault I did something wrong. Cory loves me." I tell him putting my sunglasses back on. Matt sighs in anguish and turns his back towards me. Me gets some ice and puts it in a towel and hands it to me. I slowly side my sunglasses off and set them on the counter. I grab the makeshift ice pack and lightly place it over my eye. "Thanks Matty." I whisper. "Why won't you leave him Alyssa?" Matt asks almost as if he is pleading. "I love him." I admit not being able to meet his eyes. Matt attends to a customer and and continuing sipping my drink. "Hello love." I hear a British accent say. I turn to see it's the man sittimg next to me. "I'm not suppose to be talking to you." I tell him in a low whisper. I start to look around for him who may be spying on me. And I don't see him to my surprise. "Who?" The man asks. "Cory my boyfriend. He gets rather upset if I talk to other guys." I admit to this stranger. "He's not here is he?" He ask with an eyebrow raised. I shake my head no "My name is Klaus. What's yours?" Klaus ask. "Alyssa." I answer back. "Well Alyssa it's nice to meet you." I give him my hand to shake but instead he kisses my knuckles. I not so subtly pull my hand away. "I'm sorry I'm not use to anyone doing that." I adnit looking down. He uses his hand and lifts my head up to meet his eyes. "It's quite alright." He says in a raspy kind of tone. He let's go of my chin and takes a sip of his drink. "Doesit happen often?" He asks. "What do you mean?" I ask trying to act confused. "You know what I mean. So it begs the question. Does it happen often?" He says seriously. I can see concern in his eyes. "Yes it does." I answer staright forward. "Why don't you leave him? It's rather stupid to stay when someone is beating you." He says offensively. I finish the rest of my drink and stand up. "Look I didn't come here to get judge by a complete stranger.Now leave me alone." I tell Klaus through gritted teeth. I through money on the table telling Matt goodbye. When I turn to leave I feel a grip on my arm. "Let.go.of.me you'll only make the punishment worse." I spat. I rip my arm out of his grip and walk out of the grill. When I open the door I'm met with a fist that connects with my face. "Who was that guy you were talking to huh!?" Cory yells standing over me. He goes to punch me again only this time with my other cheek."H-he was just some guy. I don't know him." I tell him weakily.He punches me in the stomach which knocks the wind right out of me. "I bet you wanted him huh!? No one will care or love for you like I do. You're not worth anything you stupid bitch." He yells in my face grabbing my shirt. I weakly try pulling his hands off but the attempt only proves futile. He roughly lets go of me and starts to kick me in my stomach. I use my arms trying to protect myself. But I just lay there in pain tears pouring out of my eyes. He stops after a while and goes to the fridge and takes out a beer. He pops the cap open and takes a swig. He walks over to me and spalshes a bit on my face. I jolt slightly because it's cold. "Get up and go clean yourself up." He orders. I get up but wince once I move my lower half. I use my arm and grab at my stomach as if that's going to make the pain stop.I walk over the stairs and my legs start to buckle but I keep going until I'm safe inside the bathroom. I start to take off my clothes slowly. I kick them off to the side and start a cold bath to help combat the pain. I look in the mirror and inspect my face the bruises already there. I look at my stomach and see the same.Tears start to roll down my face but I do nothing to stop them. I turn around slowly and turn off the water.I step in slowly and slowly submerge my body under the water feeling the pain flare up. I come back up for air and lay my head on the rim. I reach over for my body wash and wash cloth and try my best to clean myself. When I'm done I soak in the water a bit longer then get up slowly. I take out stopper and step out. I wrap a towel around me and make way to the room I share with Corey. I pick out my bra and panties and slip them on. I hang the towel up and take out one a pair of pajamas. I put those one and get under the covers. Tears start fallimg down my face and I still do nothing to stop them. I eventually cry myself to sleep.