Chapter 17

Alyssa's P.O.V.

It's been two days down here.  I hear the door opening and I look up to see Damon opening it. "Get up. You're going to take a shower.I had Elena bring you something to wear. " he adds. I push myself off the cot and follow him up the stairs.He opens the bathroom and on the toilet are the clothes neatly stacked. He closes the door behind him and locks it. I  start taking off my clothes. I turn on the shower and step in and start to wash my body. I finish washing my body and let the water fall on me. I suddenly hear a knock on the door startling me a little bit. 

"Alyssa there's deodorant and lotion in the cabinet." Damon tells me. "Okay." I yell back. He walks away and I continue letting the water fall on me. Ten minutes later I turn off the shower and step out. I dry myself off then look in the cabinet and grab the lotion and deodorant. I put on the deodorant first then the lotion. I slip on the sports bra and underwear that was provided they are new. I slip on a black blouse then a pair of jeans. 

I use the towel to wrap my hair up and I bang on the door to be let out

I use the towel to wrap my hair up and I bang on the door to be let out. "Damon!" I yell. "Damon I'm finished!" I yell again. I I hear the door unlocking and step back instead of it being Damon it's Elena. "You need to leave like now. I'll distract them while you run and don't stop until you get to Klaus. I want Klaus to leave us alone but I don't want you in the crossfire." She says. "Now come on we don't have much time." she adds tugging my arm. We walk quietly towards the door she opens it slowly then pushes me out. "Run and keep going until you reach Klaus." She whisper yells. She closes the door and I take off running. I'm running and running. I run to the woods where I dropped my phone. I'm looking and looking over spots to make sure I don't miss anything. I spot my phone covered by some dirt and pick it up some  dirt falling off. I click the power button and luckily it turns on I scroll through my contact and click on Klaus's number I tuck a piece of my hair behind my ear. It rings twice before he picks up the phone. "Alyssa?" he questions. "Yes it's me." I answer. "Where are you? I'll come get you." he asks concern in his voice. "I'm in the woods but..." I trail off. "I'm not far Wickery Bridge." I add. "I'm on my way love. Get there as soon as you can.And be careful love." he says. "I will. I love you." I tell him. "I love you too." he says back. We both hang up and I take off towards Wickery Bridge.  Soon enough it's in sight when I get closer I see Klaus standing there. I run faster but before I can get to him two figures speed in front of me stopping me in my tracks. Damon and Stefan.  "Leave her out of this boys." Klaus grits through his teeth. "Not a chance Klaus. She's the key to getting you to leave us alone." Damon says. "If you have a problem with me then you have  a problem with me leave her alone. Or I'll kill everyone you care about."  He snarls. "Tell you what if you don't leave us alone. We'll kill her while you watch." Damon says smirking. "You lied?" I question. "Should have known better than to trust me." He tells me. Klaus face starts to change and I look at him shaking my head. "Klaus don't." I warn him. "They just threatened you. They need to pay." He snarls. "No Klaus they don't. They're  bluffing." I say stepping in front of them. "They would have killed me already if they wanted to. And they know if they killed me you would kill them and everyone else they care about." I explain. "All we want is for you to keave us alone and if you don't..." Stefan trails off. Suddenly I'm being picked up and held over the railing of the bridge. "Alyssa listen to me carefully. You're right we are bluffing we don't want to kill you. We just want Klaus to leave us alone and be out of  our lives. He has done horrible things to us and who knows to who else. I'm sorry it had to come to this." Stefan tells me inside my mind. "Or she dies."he adds. "Okay, okay fine. I'll leave you alone. Just leave her out of this vendetta you have against me." Klaus says. I'm being pulled up and over back onto the ground. I start running into Klaus's arms and he wraps them around me spinning me around. He sets me on my feet and keeps one arm around me in a protective manner. We turn towards Stefan and Damon. "How do we know we can trust you?" Stefan asks. "You don't. But trust that I'll want her safe and not caught in the crossfire." Je explains. They nod their heads and speed away back to their home. I hug Klaus again smelling him. "Did you just smell me love?" Klaus questions. "Yes because you smell good." I admit. We both let out a chuckle and go in for another hug. "I'm hungry." I acknowledge. "Time to go home?" Klaus ask. "Time to go home." I nod my head. He bends down and lets me get on his back. I get on his back and wrap my legs around his waist. He holds onto my thighs and speeds away back to our home.