Chapter 18

Alyssa's P.O.V.

I'm currently at the grill just sitting on a booth relaxing after having to beg Klaus to let me go which resulted in him dropping me off and picking me up. The door of the grill opens and in comes Stefan and Damon. They sit down at the bar and order drinks. I get up and walk over to them.

"Hey boys." I greet.

"What are you doing here? I thought aftet yesterday Klaus wouldn't let you out if hia sight."Damon says side eyeing me.

"Well I had to beg him to let me. Anyway I need a favor from you both." I tell them.

"What is it?" Stefan asked turning his head.

"I want you to teach me how to fight vampires." I answer.

"You want us to do what?" Damon questions."I want you to teach me how to fight vampires. There might come a time when I need to learn how so I might as well prepare now." I explain.

"What's in it for us?" Stefan asks leaning back against the counter.

"I will get Klaus to leave you alone as much as possible and I'll make sure he won't kill you." I tell them tilting my head.

"Okay deal your training stars next week.' Damon says turning around. I give Damon a nod and walk outside and call Klaus he picks up on the second ring. "Are you ready to go love?" He asks.

"Yeah." I answer.

"Okay love well I'm about to arrive there in 3....2....1." He counts down. I look up and see his car in front of me. I walk over to the car opening the door and get in. I lean over to give Klaus a kiss on the cheek but at the last second he turns his head and his lips meet mine we pull away and I bucklemy seat belt he backs out of the parking spot and we leave the grill. "How was your day?" I asked.

"It was kind of boring without you there." He answers.

"Awww well now I'm here and we can do something fun." I say. "Like what?" He asks keeping his eyes on the road. "A picnic?" I suggest.

"Yes anything for you my love." He says. When we finally arrive home I get out of the car and rush into the house running up the stairs out of breath by the time I get off the last step. I rush to my room opening the door and close it behind me. I go over to my dresser and pull out a white blouse,a green skirt, and a bracelet Klaus brought me. I bring everything with me and walk into the bathroom quickly stripping and getting the shower turning the shower on. Once I'm finished washing up I get out and dry myself off. I put on deodorant and lotion and put on my underwear and bra following the skirt and blouse I picked out then I put on my shoes and lastly the bracelet. I look in the mirror as I fix my hair and look at my outfit.

 I look in the mirror as I fix my hair and look at my outfit

I smile thinking I look pretty good. I pick up the previous clothes and walk back to my room dumping the clothes next to my bed.I grab my phone and earphones and  I walk out of  the room and walk downstairs Klaus is waiting with a picnic basket on his arm. He turns  around as soon as I step off the last step.

"Ready to go?" He asks.

"Yeah let's go." I reply. He opens the door and let's me go first.

"After you." He says.

"Such a gentleman." I say walking out.

"Of course, what kind of boyfriend would I be?" He questions. Instead of answering we walk over to the car and he opens my door for me and I get in and he slams it shut. He walks over to his side and gets in putting the picnic basket in the backseat. He starts the car and backs out of the driveway. We have been driving for about thirty minutes when Klaus stops he gets the picnic basket and gets out walking over to my side opening my door. He gives me his hand and helps me out of the car.

"Would you mind holding the picnic basket love?" he asks.

"Yeah sure." I answer taking the picnic basket from him. He turns around and bends down slightly.

"Get on  and please do close your eyes." He instructed. I get on his back and he supports me with his hands then I put my arms around his neck picnic basket in my right hand. I move my head down into his back and he takes off. I can feel my hair going in all directions. He stops after about thirty seconds of running.

"You can get down now love but keep your eyes closed." he told me and stops. I get down slowly and do as he asked. I feel him take the basket from my hand and I use both hands to cover my eyes. "You can open your eyes now love." he says after a few moments. I open my eyes slowly letting my eyes get adjusted to the light. When they finally do I look around to find us in a beautiful meadow. 

I turn around looking at everything and breath in the air closing my eyes

I turn around looking at everything and breath in the air closing my eyes. I turn back around towards Klaus. "This is beautiful Klaus. How did you find this place?" I ask.

"I come here to think sometimes and I thought it would be a wonderful place too have a picnic." he answers.

"Well." I say sitting on the out stretched blanket. "It is." I add he sits next to me and opens up the basket.

Hours later it's  night fall and I'm laying my head on Klaus's lap while he feeds me chocolate strawberries.

"I love you." I say.

"I love you too." he says back.

"Love?" he questions after a few moments.

"Yeah?" I ask looking him in the eyes.

"What have you been having nightmares about?" he asks. I quickly feel up with dread. "I...I...I have been having n-n-ni-nightmares about w-w-what Cory did to me." I stutter as tears well up in my eyes.

"I want to kill him." he starts. "I want to kill him because while your sitting here suffering he's alive and he's not losing sleep over what he did to you." he says angrily.

"Hey look at me." I say lifting my hand to his cheek.He leans his face into my hand and looks down at me.

"It's okay.It was my fault that I stayed with him for so long." I tell him he grabs my hand with his.

"It's not never has it been your fault for what he did I don't want to hear you say that ever again." his voice filled with finality. I turn on my side and he starts to run his finger through my hair which makes my eyes become a little heavy. I shiver a little because it's starting to become a tad cold. "Are you cold love?" he asks. I nod my head and he takes off his jacket and puts it on me."Is that better?" he asks. I nod my head and soon I'm fast asleep.