nine

"Let's play truth or dare." A girl, tracing shapes across Luke's chest giggled out.

I figured after being thrown in the water repeatedly, I'd just swim over to the sand bar and chill out.
I guess Ashton had the same idea; I don't really know where else he would go.

Part of me wished he'd struggle to find his way home with no car or cell phone. The other part of me knew that was unreasonable considering how hard my stomach fluttered at the thought of us sharing a room.

Everyone agreed.

Everyone except me.
I simply stayed quiet, creating waves with my hands through the water.

Truth or dare is where all problems in relationships start.

Granted, I am single.

So when everyone started drifting back to the dock to play, I followed imagining to myself how many different ways this would go wrong.

For some reason, we never learned our lessons at this damn cabin.

Finally, we reached the dock and I still kept my mouth shut. Over and over in my head, I repeatedly tried convincing myself things would go alright while I lifted myself up on the dock.

This time I was single.

I didn't have a boyfriend that would fuck everything up, or more literally just fuck everyone.

It's a simple game most teenagers play.

"Dare." Pondered aloud one of the sluts that had ruined my prom.

Surprise Surprise,
It was Cal who dared her.

Her dare was to make out with the other girl who ruined my prom, another HUGE surprise of the night. I rolled my eyes so aggressively, I hoped they'd get stuck.

They finally finished, both giggling and wiping each other's mouths.

The game continued on and on, and I kept getting simple dares like dip your foot in the water or take a shot.
I was pretty sure they knew how much I hated the game.

As if the Gods heard my plea and damned my prayers to hell, they mentioned one worse.

"Let's playyyy.. Spin the bottle!" She exclaimed as if it was a million dollar idea. "I'm bored of this babe." Luke's toy for the night added, taking a dramatic seat in his lap.

Great, there's no getting out of kissing someone in this game.

And luckily for me, I hated everyone here.

Should've brought a sign that says I bite.

A few spins in, mostly girls were kissing girls. Excluding Luke, Luke's pet, and myself, although none of us had spun.

"Madi, it's your turn." Luke called out, snapping me back to the now.

I took a deep inhale and smirked to myself.

Wonder where I got that from..

Getting a good grip on the bottle, I squeezed my eyes shut and spun. Letting out a shaky exhale, I let my eyes fall to each of the unfortunate candidates faces.