twelve

I woke up with no pounding headache, surprisingly. Shocker since we were in the cabin of pounding headaches.

As I sat up, I stretched my arms and legs out for a long time deciding stretching was the best feeling in the world. Next to Ashton's rough fingers gently running down my spine..

Looking over to Ashton's bed, I noticed his still body sleeping peacefully and I decided I needed to know what time it was.

Since I didn't bring my phone, I began my adventure all the way down the stairs to go peek at the microwave.

The stairs seemed to tread on forever, an odd silence filling up the house, before I finally reached the kitchen.

12:46pm

I blinked away the sleep from my eyes a few times, not believing the clock. After the fifth rub of my eyes, I decided I'd better hurry up and eat breakfast so I could have lunch.

I began to make some french toast and egos pulling out a few extra for Ashton. I was sure everyone else already had already eaten and left for the day, leaving us poor stragglers behind. Which meant..

I was alone.

In the house,

with Ashton.

Just as I was finishing up drizzling the syrup on top, I heard footsteps coming down the stairs. Speak of the devildick and he shall appear..

"You're up early little one." Ashton yawned out, shoveling his hands through his already messy hair.

"It's past one." I stated blankly, internally laughing at his current state.

His hair stuck out in every direction yet, looked so faultless at the same time. He looked so faultless all the time. As he stretched, his shirt lifted a few inches above his waist and I let my eyes follow the perfect V shape the Greek Gods would be jealous of.

For some reason, I loved the way he looked the most after just waking up. I guess that showed on my face.

To this, he smiled at me.
Not a sarcastic smirk or a small smile, his real smile.
I realized, I'd never even noticed his dimples before.                                                                                     Could he get anymore perfect?

I caught myself smiling back at him and as my cheeks got increasingly hot by the second, I looked down at the floor trying to get a grip.

"I-i made us breakfast."

He lifted my chin up, placing a swift peck on my lips before taking a seat.

"Thank you." He smiled that smile I already loved immensely.

Shell shocked, I slid his plate to down where he was sitting muttering a quiet 'you're welcome'. Grabbing my plate, I walked a few seats down and plopped into the stool. I took a huge bite, closing my eyes in pure satisfaction.

leggo my eggo, My eyes searched menacingly around for that one kid from the commercial who always tried to steal the damn waffle.