seventeen

I couldn't contain the happy fits of giggles that escaped my lips manically as I ran to greet Nash. I truly couldn't have been happier to see her, even with Ashton trying to seduce me into leaving. A year, a day, or a month, I believed we would always radiate that bestfriend energy.

"MADI, you're glowing!" Nash cooed, a knowing look hidden behind her grin.

We spun in circles giggling wildly while her lame boyfriend, Leo stared intently into his phone.

creep

"Woah, woah! Okay not to break up the happy couple," Luke grimaced, as my back hit his front mid-swing.  "But we do need everyones participation in party week." He bellowed, looking between us expectantly.

"What exactly do you mean by 'party week' Luke?" I stifled my giggle at his sincere facial expression. Only Luke would talk about a week of getting hammered in a completely serious manner.

Leaping at the chance to explain his well thought out activities, he began to talk and didn't stop. I was slightly worried about his breathing in that moment. I mean seriously, you can't breathe while talking that fast without coming to a halt.

My mind slowly began wandering away from Luke's incessant babbling to Ashton..

I tended to do that more often then intended lately but I was thoroughly confused. Yeah, that's what I'd blame it on; Lack of understanding for the situation.
Ashton's constant acts of protection or even affection had my brain in quite a mess. I found myself latching on to the idea of us one day being more then, well whatever we were..

"So what do you say Madi, in for the best week of your life?" he exclaimed, lowering his voice towards the end.

"Wouldn't miss it for the world." I mumbled dismissively.

This seemed to satisfy Luke immensely, despite the fact I was completely dejected from the entire conversation he just had with himself. Nonetheless, pulling myself out of my head, a contagious grin slowly rose to my features.

"So when do these parties start?" I peered up at Luke through my thick lashes, smiling at his goofy grin as he loudly scolded me for my dejectedness.

As the music began to flow the the house, I giggled at the playful way he took my hands in his. We begin to dance around the house, slowly and inefficiently decorating with various alcoholic party favors. As we began creating the makeshift dance floor, we decided to lock all the bedroom doors because,
teenagers.

An hour before people were set to flow in, Luke was the one glowing with a goofy grin ear to ear.
He had also reiterated to me several time through my dream-like-state, that party week was indeed a week of non-stop partying; the party wouldn't end till we'd leave to go back home. 
That moment was when I realized I should probably listen to people more carefully before agreeing to participate in things.

Stupid green-eyed monster boy, slowly consuming my brain for amusement.

Although, I also realized it was a far too late as I watched the groups of  flock in, flooding to the drinks immediately. I head off to the dance floor lightly sipping on my own and 17 minutes later, the party was in full swing. So I thought.. but what was to stop it from growing all week?