thirteen

"Are we almost there yet? You said a little down the lake Luke." I groaned, earning a side glance from Ashton.

He was still very angry and whatever he had told the boys had them avoiding me like the clap.
Just great considering the fact they happened to be my only friends at the cabin. I mean sure I had made the stupid deal with Ashton, but why did that mean no communication with my friends. I'd known them the same amount of time I'd known of Ashton, and guess who actually made efforts to speak to me back in our day.

I let out a frustrated huff after receiving no answer from Luke.

Apparently not anymore.

Sixteen minutes later, you could practically feel the speakers bumping and see the wild strobe lights in the sky.

"We're here!" Luke exclaimed excitedly, looking at me and then quickly looking away.

Clearing his throat, he picked up his pace and I watched as he grabbed the girl he was entertaining for the night by the waist pulling her into him.

Ashton took my chin, gently turning me to face him but didn't say anything. He looked conflicted as he finally allowed me to step past him and up the never ending stairs.

Walking into the party, the strong odor of alcohol and body cheese consumed my nose.

I immediately head over to the kitchen, fixing a drink of my own. Something told me I was gonna need alcohol and a lot of it to survive this night.

I stayed still there, at the bar in the kitchen for a while just sipping my drink contently. I watched as the many drunken teenagers did stupidly, drunken things. I began to notice, that the party was actually made up of several different age groups. All the older men wore black and I wondered if this was a party hack I knew nothing about.

"Would you like a drink beautiful?" A man seemingly sixty slurred out, his accent barely intelligible. He definitely wasn't American but I couldn't help but stare at the drunk ass smirk plastered on his face.

There was something very familiar about that smirk.

I scrunched my nose up, trying not to show too much disgust and quickly declined. Heading to the couches, I decided it'd be of best interest to find somewhere else to sit.

I hate when people talk to me.

"Come on, we need to go upstairs." Ashton barked, appearing out of no where might I add.

"Why?" I looked up at him, studying his worried face. I'd never seen a worried look accompanying his features.

He sighed heavily, grabbing my up by my arm and pulling me up the stairs alongside him.

"Ashton! My cup is empty, I'm going to go refill it if you want il—"

"You'll meet me in this room.
if you take more then five minutes you'll be.." He cut himself off, as what seemed to me, a pained  look crossed his face. 

Almost as if he was holding back a stampede of words.

Just as quickly as it had appeared, his face was washed clear of emotion and he headed up into the room I was suppose to meet him in.

I didn't understand why all of a sudden he was telling me what to do and how to do it, with a time frame but it was pretty damn aggravating.

Not as aggravating as my will to do it.

Filling my cup up a little too full, I stuck my lips in the top making obnoxious slurping noises. I scanned around the downstairs quickly for anyone from the cabin.

With no luck, I let out a sigh and head back up the stairs to 'the room'. What was so important about the room anyway? If he needed me there so bad, why hadn't he just stayed with me in the first place?

"She's not for sale."
I recognized Ashton's voice booming from the room and his tone made the topic sound serious. I decided I'd rather listen from the outside, then become involved in it.

"Scar don't be ridiculous!" An unfamiliar voice snapped.

Who's Scar?

"She's Bello you know, I'd probably rack in at least nine grand. Consider the money, boy. You'd get your percentage."

I tried to comprehend what the hell they were speaking of, especially why the hell Ashton needed me here but I came up with nothing but unanswered questions.

"I said she's not for fucking sale Oso," Ashton's voice dripped with venom.
"If you touch her, God so help me I'll kill you by my own hands."

My eyes went wide, that's it I've got to put a face to each of these names.

"You really shouldn't have, Scar. You know, you always did want the toys you couldn't have as a child." He chuckled but it was a sinister, frigid sound.

Peeking my head around the door frame, I felt immediate chills roll through my core. Three very large men stood behind who I assumed to be Oso, all dressed alike in alarming, black, army suits? Large, red, unrecognizable letters were printed on their pant legs; MBM. These people radiated power, and I was surprised everyone around us stayed partying unknowingly.

Ashton stood alone, facing these strangers as his chest rose and fell briskly. My eyes dropped to his clenched fists, which had turned white from how tight he held them shut. What was he thinking! Was he bringing me in here as some kind of peace offering to these strange men?

"If war is what you want, believe that it will be yours, but she is mine. You won't touch her; Over my dead body." he growled taking a step forward.

In seconds, the three men had guns drawn and pointed at Ashton as he stood calmly without flinching at the harsh gesture. Tilting his head, a sick, sadistic smile hit his face.

I let out a wheeze loud enough to cause every man in the rooms attention to snap to my head peaking through the doorway.

Was Ashton fucking crazy?
or even Ashton..

Oso began to cackle slowly, raking my body up and down with his eyes. More chills traveled down my spine and I shot an uneasy look to Ashton.

I ran for my damn life.
I was sure I wasn't suppose to be listening to whatever the hell they were talking about. Which is why the same questions circled my brain.
Why would Ashton tell me to meet him there?
Was he going to sell me?

My thoughts were cut short when I heard the first gunshot echo through the house, it's piercing ring sticking into the hollows of my ears.