Chapter 35

Chapter 35

"You're gonna miss me, right?"

I glanced up at him, almost shocked by the question. "Of course I'm going to miss you, Elliott."

His fingers danced along my upper arm lightly, giving me a tingly feeling. We were laying in his bed, with our only light being the moon shining in from the window. I was leaving for Italy tomorrow at eight in the evening. This was our last night together.

"I know, it was a stupid question. But I needed to hear it out loud just one more time," he sighed, clearly upset.

"It's not like I'm going away forever," I whispered.

That's when he smiled and looked down at me. "I know, Avery. I want you to do this, I really do. I'm just going to miss you."

I looked back at the beige wall that was being illuminated by the moonlight. Trying to lighten the mood a little, I smiled and said, "Think you'll survive without me for a year?"

He snorted. "I think I've had to do much harder."

"Like what?"

He snorted again. "It's not important."

"Elliott," I protested, becoming increasingly curious in what he was thinking about. "Tell me."

That's when he finally sighed as if remembering a depressing memory, or memories. "When I thought I lost you forever."

My eyes widened. "When was this?"

He half-smiled down at me. "When Hunter came into the picture- again."

Memories flashed through my mind, and I tried hard to push them out. The peck on the cheek i gave Hunter all those months ago, the fight Elliott and I had afterwards... When I thought I lost him forever.

"You won't have to worry about that anymore," I whispered, stealing a glance at his lips covered by the darkness. Only half of his face was lit up, but I knew he was staring back at me. "I'm yours forever, remember?" I pointed to the ring that was resting safely on the chain around my neck.

He smiled. "Oh I remember." My skin prickled at the sudden seductiveness in his voice. In seconds, his lips were on mine. He pulled me on top of him and pressed me against his chest as the spark electrified our kiss. His fingers trailed along my waist, then grabbed the ends of my t-shirt and pulled it over my head, leaving my bare stomach and bra exposed. We reconnected the kiss, and I fumbled my fingers with the buttons on his shirt, attempting to unbutton at least half of them.

It suddenly occurred to me that this was the last time I would be spending the night with Elliott. I knew I had to make the best of it, no matter what it took.

~
I pulled my bag over my shoulder and  walked away from security. Elliott was close behind me, gripping my hand. We passed security with flying colors, and now all we had to do was get to the gate. Chloe should be there with Daniel, even though our flight didn't leave for another hour.

"Do you want a coffee?" Elliott asked me.

"Sure," I said. He nodded and pulled me along with him to the nearest coffee shop. Hundreds of shops and kiosks surrounded the gates in the airport, and this was one of the many coffee shops it held. It smelled like freshly churned coffee beans and whipped cream. Elliott and I waited in line behind an elderly couple who had gotten to the counter seconds before we did. They ordered fast, not giving us hardly any time to figure out what we wanted.

"What do you want?" Elliott asked.

"Umm," I hummed, gazing at the menu on the wall behind the cashier. "White chocolate mocha latte."