Chapter 14: Shadow's POV

What did I just hear? That he 'loves me'? I must be mistaken... I must be. This can not happen, especially like last time with... Maria. I looked down at him immediately... "Don't be a fool Faker, you cannot fool me..." How dare he say that to me... "What are you talking about?" He said while having a confused look on his face. "You can't love me... No one can..." "??? Then why are with me then?" I said nothing... What could I say... "I wanted to try if I could be with somebody..." What's wrong with me? Is this an... reaction that I'm experiencing...? "But I guess that was a mistake... I shouldn't have went out and-" "Are you serious? Don't say that to me. I am not lying goddammit. Why would I lie about something like that? And what, you don't wanna be in a relationship??" No, that's not what I am saying... "No, what I am trying to say is that I..." I... I can't let it happen again... I fucking cant! "You're not making any goddamn sense!" He went on yelling at me... "Maybe this was a mistake to begin wi-" "I can't lose you!" I yelled back at him... And my voice... started to change, what's wrong with me...?" "I can't lose you like I lost her! She said she loved me with all of her heart, but then she..." I broke down, and I felt that my face was wet... These things were falling down my eyes. Is this... crying...? "I now think that love is just a fucking joke, A LIE!" I was pounding on the wooden floor. I felt so much pain after every punch to the floor but I didn't care... "That was the only time that I felt so much pain! It was like a slap in the face. After you spent the that time with someone..." Tears kept falling. I couldn't stop, not at all. It was like rain... "You begin to develop feelings! Then seeing that person die right in front of your eyes..." I was sobbing loudly... "IT'S A FUCKING JOKE! How could an emotion be so goddamn fucking cruel?! It literally breaks your heart and ruins your character! That's why I have been so cold and heartless and I tried to avoid caring about any fucking thing! I loved her with all of my heart and soul and now she's-" I kept hiccing and sobbing. "And now she's gone! I thought that I would never love again and if I did. I will kill anybody and anything in my sight. Th-That's why I can't fucking l-lose you!-" Suddenly... He got on his knees, to my eye level and hugged me against his chest. I widened my eyes and I couldn't believe this... My eyes were still teary and my sight was blurry. I heard his heart beat... rapidly. I feel like my heart is going to beat out of my chest... I was in his chest crying, but almost sobbing. "Shadow..." I heard him call my name... "I will never leave by your side." He said kissing my forehead. I couldn't help but to cry more... "I will make you happy, I will do anything for you, I will be with you forever. Until Death unites us but not do us part..." I kept hiccing and sobbing and I buried my face into his chest. "Please love me! Don't leave my side! Don't ever leave me in this world alone! I have no one! I don't want to die alone! So please love me, I beg of you Sonic!" I hicced in between words... Tears fell down from my eyes rapidly and it felt so good to... cry. 'Please... Love Me... Sonic...'