PD| "Splitting the Cost"

Chapter Ten
______________

"Is it worth it?"
- Cartier
~

Paris picked up the phone and dialed Gio's number, mostly out of spite since Johan didn't think she could pull a him on him. He thought he could just run over her and she wasn't letting that happen anymore. Now I'm out of my mind to stand up for myself, that shit is crazy. She thought as the phone rang.

"Hello?" Gio answered, his deep voice going down her throat where a lump formed.

She didn't expect him to answer, or at least not sound that good when answering. "...um, Gio?"

"Yo, Paris." He let out a dry chuckle. "Didn't think you were ever gonna hit a nigga up. I was just about to give up."

Paris exhaled, laughing a little. "I thought you believed in going for what you wanted?" She flirted. "Which is me, right?"

Gio was quiet for a while before laughing a little. "You're right. Touchè, touchè."

The conversation only blossomed from there. What Paris thought was proving everyone wrong quickly was spiraling into doing herself a favor.

-

"She really did that shit, huh?" Cartier was laughing at Johan's pain as he looked down at the agreement from Paris.

He remembered years ago when he first advised Paris to do exactly that to protect her company but he never thought that she'd do it.

Cartier was a lawyer and although he wasn't too fond of Paris, he still wanted to avoid the court date of settling all this bullshit especially since he would have to attend, being Johan's attorney and all.

For years, he had gotten Johan out of a lot of sticky messes but the one including their business would not be a win-win situation.

"What can I do about that, Cartier?" Johan asked, seriously.

Cartier shook his head. "Your best bet is to sign that, Jo. Going to court would be nasty for y'all and the company, on top of that, you'd come out with nothing and she'd have everything." He shrugged, sitting the papers back on the table.

"But I came up with the idea-"

"If the shit isn't in writing with both of y'all signature then it doesn't mean anything. Face it, she got you with this one." Cartier told him, holding his hands out.

"Okay so let me rephrase this... what are you going to do since you are my attorney?" Johan stood and paced.

Cartier exhaled before shaking his head. "We can have her and her attorney come to a meeting and we can discuss something that better... accommodates you." He said, not quite understanding what more he could possibly want. "But she does have the right to decline and if y'all take it to court, like I said-"

"Set up the meeting, Cartier." Johan said before turning away and walking out.

Cartier shook his head. "Alright."

Johan walked out the building as he looked up to the sky at the sun. It was sunny out so his attire wasn't too bad, he still wore the tee and basketball shorts from before at Paris's house.