PD| "Shattered"

Chapter Twenty
_________
"The last laugh..." - Sevyn
~

Everyone has their own battle to fight and everyone is fighting it in their own way. However, when someone interferes into the battle zone between someone else and their demons it becomes a war. An unfair war.

Paris's chest heaved unevenly from the shallow cries, feeling as if she had a thousand tons sitting on her breasts. She couldn't even breathe correctly as her cries echoed the empty home. She didn't know who to blame as she sat there in pain, darkness taking over her. Her hair was messy in the loose ponytail, her eyes red and wet from the tears. Her phone had just officially died after 17 calls to the CPS agency and 5 to Johan who continuously sent her to voicemail.

Her heart and stomach ached under her hoodie. Too much stress, too much stress. I need to calm down... she thought, taking a deep breath as she got up. The aching in her stomach intensified even more then and she had the urge to pee.

Holding her stomach, she hurried to the bathroom and sat on the toilet, after pulling her pants down. She checked her panties and saw nothing suspicious so she relaxed. She had to think about the child in her stomach at times like these. She relaxed, taking a few more breaths.

She was going to find a way to get out of this.

Johan looked up at the ceiling of his car and shook his head. Looking in from the outside, he couldn't believe himself. Seeing his kids being taken from him hurt worse than any dish gracing his face could and he couldn't even think straight. His actions were the dumbest he had ever made and that he could admit. On top of that, he knew she was pregnant. This wasn't like him; he could never think of putting his hands on her like that. His anger simply got the best of him.

His first thought was to call Cartier but he didn't want a lecture, he'd call his mother but he didn't want to hear the same shit over and over, and he didn't want to be touched or touch anyone right now. His mind was everywhere.

A light knock on his window snapped him out of his thoughts. He looked over to see Sevyn there.

"Why are you outside my house?" He could hear from the opposite side of the window.

He started the car back up and rolled it down. "They took the kids."

Sevyn went straight into actress mode, frowning deeply. She covered her mouth and opened the door to get in. "Oh, my god. What happened?" She asked.

He looked straight ahead. "A lot, I don't even wanna talk about it right now." He spat.

Sevyn frowned. "You know you can talk to me."

That was true. Since high school, Sevyn and Johan had a secret friendship that no one knew about. They promised to never cross the line because their friendship was gold but that was all ruined one day after one too many drinks two years ago on New Years.

"How did she even find out about us?" He asked the lingering question.

Sevyn rolled her eyes, recalling the event. "Bri."

"Oh..."

Only a dummy would deny the chemistry between them even though it didn't quite seem like it was there currently. Everyone thought they hated each other and many years ago, that was the case. But now? No.