PD| "The Help"

Chapter Sixteen
______
"I'm down for whatever,"
- Brianna
~

Results came in that Paris was going to make it. It was more of a relief for Johan than anyone, he wouldn't be able to cope with the fact that one of his sidelines had killed his babymama and someone he could see himself getting married to in the future. He had spent a night or two in the hospital, refusing to leave her side regardless of what the doctors instructed. The only time he would leave is when Paris woke up and asked him, as well as when he had to get the kids.

Seeing her vulnerable like that made him recall who he fell in love with years ago before she became so damn independent. He loved feeding her and talking to her, seeing her need him. He missed it.

He hadn't been home since Paris was checked in but that was starting to show... and smell.

"This is my second time calling you and it going straight to voicemail. Just checking, if you get this, I'm on my way home." He said into the phone before hanging it up.

He started the car and started his route to the house.

He had been thinking about the plan that Sevyn and Alexis had come up with and he wasn't sure if he was 100% down for it. He couldn't play with his kids like that especially since they wouldn't get as much attention as they do with their mother. Even though majority of the time they're with Joyse, whenever they were home it was all love.

He thought about calling her and just saying no. As soon as he picked up his phone to call, it rang. "Hello?"

"Hey, it's Sevyn." She said softly.

Hearing her voice reminded him of the moment they shared in the back of the shop. He smirked lightly. "What's up?" He asked.

"I.." She trailed off before breaking into a light chuckle. "I honestly don't know why I'm calling. I was really just thinking about you."

His body relaxed as if he hadn't even known he was so tensed up. "That's cute. What are you up to?"

"Nothing at all. I wanted to check to see if you were still down-" the phone broke up a little as another call beeped in.

"Actually hold that thought, I was gonna call you about that but I have another call coming in." He said before clicking over, seeing that it was Cartier. "Yo,"

"I've been calling you and calling you, nigga. What's been going on with your phone?" Cartier asked with much attitude in his voice.

"I've been busy. Paris is in the hospital and I'm on my home now, what's up?" Johan replied.

"She's in the hospital? I was just calling you about her-"

"What you mean? Why?" Johan asked, cutting him off.

"Well, I had just talked to her a little minute ago and she sparked up a deal with me." Cartier announced.

"A deal?"

In his mind, Cartier didn't want to spill the tea. What Cartier and Paris had going on before Johan had to be separated from business, and he had always thought that way. And although he didn't care much about their little split, this could effect the income he made deeply so he absolutely had to let Johan know, as a client.