PD| "Say My Name"

Chapter Twelve
_____________

"It is what it is"
- Brianna
~

She had fell off the face of the earth, nowhere to be found or seen. After the fight with Paris, Brianna's life only went downhill from there. She had lost her job, her money source, and all the key parts to her life. Family was talking shit and "friends" were barely there, too busy trying to catch up with their own lives. Brianna was lost.

"Ma, nobody's calling me back. I barely have experience in anything..." Brianna spoke into her phone. The only thing she had paid off.

"Brianna... I don't wanna hear this shit. You made this decision when you got pregnant and dropped out. Just for you to abort it and not go back. You had plenty of time, Bri. Now you're suffering and struggling." Her mother said, eating as she walked through her large home.

Brianna was in the bloodline of very successful people. Her mother and father owned their own businesses, providing for their three daughters since birth. However, they were still the typical black family that wouldn't provide after 18.

Brianna was the bad seed. She was rebellious, outspoken, and what many parents would consider disrespectful. Her sisters grew to be very successful as well and Brianna was just falling into that part as well. However, now that she lost her nice paying job, the family was back to turning their back on her.

Brianna was the least favorite and as her mother continued her rant on Brianna's life choices, she couldn't help but be reminded of just that. The words hurt.

"Instead of hearing what you're not able to do, I need to hear what you're going to do, Brianna." Her mother said. "You're not putting enough effort. That's probably how you lost your damn job."

Smacking her lips, Brianna looked away. "Mom I called to vent to you, not be lectured like I'm not a grown ass woman- you know what? I'll call you back." She said before hanging up.

As soon as she hung up, her phone rung again. "Hello?"

"I don't care about your damn attitude. Don't disrespect and hang up in my face. You always wanna be stubborn and you hate the truth. I say what I say out of love and I'm not sugar coating shit with you. If you so grown, learn to take criticism. Now, bye." Her mother spat before hanging up.

Her words sat in her head. "It was all love", they always said that but Brianna always took it another way even though they paid the bills she couldn't afford just to make sure she was always good. Brianna took it as them just not wanting to have to take her in, throwing money in her face.

"Snobby bitch..." she mumbled before getting up and tossing her phone on the couch.

She looked out the window to the car that was in her mother's name. In a sense, Bri never had to work for anything she had and no matter how many people lectured her and said they wouldn't help her anymore they still did. She sat around the shop for what had been three years now and only washed hair yet, she made just as much as the other girls. She never thought it would backfire. However, Paris never really liked her and only gave her a chance because of Sevyn.

Brianna always envied Sevyn and Paris. They had it all figured out at such a young age, making big moves and even bigger decisions. And still, at the age 24, Brianna didn't know what her next move would be.

But she was determined to find out.

Sevyn looked over the paperwork that she was to sign to get the window fixed which was paid for by Johan. He did as promised with the bills and the windows and soon, all of the old workers were starting to make their way back. Sevyn had been trying to get in contact with Brianna but she wasn't picking up the phone.

Unlike anyone else, Sevyn knew all of what Brianna was going through and she always made sure to encourage her. But Brianna was going to need a lot more than encouraging to get her on the right path.

Sevyn never thought about herself nowadays. It was always the sake of others put above her head and it had been that way for years. She had been ran over by friends and family, associates and alike since she could remember. So with this idea to take one of the top people running her over down, she felt a little more empowered.

Sevyn was always Paris's shadow; even her own mother had said so. A rebelling spirit is what made her sleep with Johan in the first place, years ago when Sevyn was still just an "assistant" for Paris. She hadn't imagined that Paris would go out of her way to create such an empire for her and let her run the business how she wanted it but when it happened she regretted everything. Still, she did.

With Paris's back to her, she didn't have much of an option now but to betray her once again.

"Sevyn-"

"Hold on, I'm reading this..." Sevyn said as she eyed the paper.

"You don't gotta read that shit," Alexis snatched the paper from her. "It's irrelevant. And Johan paying for the shit anyway."

Sevyn rolled her eyes. "Yeah but I need to know how long this is going to take." She said, snatching it back. She looked over the last page.

"It's should be brief. It's a quick window swap." The man standing in front of her said. He had to be Mexican or Dominican from his appearance and accent.

"See, reading it is only making it take longer." Alexis said before walking away. The guy chuckled.

Sevyn looked at his name tag and smiled. He was surely another panty dropper. "Well, thank you Julio." She said before signing the bottom of the front page.

"No problem, beautiful. We'll get started right away." She said.

Sevyn licked her lips. She found him very attractive but he doubted if he saw the same in her regardless of his words.

She turned away quickly and retreated to the back where Alexis was standing with one other girl. "Have you guys heard from Bri at all?"

They both shook their heads. It was getting harder and harder to get in contact with her. Hopefully she wasn't doing anything stupid.

Hopefully.