Chapter 2

Please vote and comment :)

Gabriel---------------------------------------------------->

Chapter 2

"Wake up, Dylan. You're going to be late." My mom shouted from downstairs, as I rolled in the bed and nuzzled my face deeper in the pillow.

Groaning, I opened an eye to look at my alarmclock. It said 07:00 am and I groaned again. I was not late, mom just had the habit of saying that so I would hurry up. I should remind her that I was never late, that was always my father, that I could hear jogging down the stairs in a hurry, because how late he was.

I sat up and stretched, like a cat after a good nap, and, grabbing my clothes, I went to the bathroom to take a quick shower. Fifteen minutes later, I was already dressed in my skinny jeans, a three quarters sleeved purple shirt with a v-neckline and a pair of purple converse. I quickly combed my wild hair and went down to the kitchen to have breakfast.

"Morning, mom." I said while kissing her cheek and then leaning towards my father. "Morning, dad."

My father looked at me from his newpaper as I laid a kiss in his cheek, he smiled and continue sipping from his coffe, quickly.

"Morning, sweetie." She smiled as she went to the fridge and gave me some milk to put on my cereals. "Hurry up, I have to go to work earlier today, so I can finish some projects that I couldn't do yesterday."

Rolling my eyes, I put a spoon full in my mouth as I watched her skitter through the kitchen, preparing my and father's lunch. She gave one to my father as he folded his newspaper and got up, grabbing his jacket.

"Bye kid, have a nice day."

"You too." I replied. He pecked my cheek, gave my mother a kiss and went to work. My dad was a lawyer and my mom was an interior designer,  they worked many hours a day so I, being an only child, was alone in the house for the most part of the day. I didn't mind, though, I liked it. I would spend my time listening to music, playing the piano in our living room or reading.

Finishing my breakfast, I went to my room to pick up my bag and my jacket and ran downstairs again, to see my mom opening the front door and hushering me outside. I huffed internally, I couldn't wait to get myself a car.

Ten minutes later, I got out of the car and, saying goodbye to my mom, I went to my first class of the day. Very much like the day before, I walked down the halls with my head low, ignoring the other students. It was when I was already near my classroom that someone tapped my shoulder. I looked behind me only to be face to face with a chest. I looked a little higher, to a bright pair of very light, almost grey, blue eyes. The boy was smiling at me. He was almost 5'9/6' or so, with brown hair with blond reflections, a cute face, not too boyish, with high cheek bones, a straight nose and full lips. He was lean but had hard muscles, underneath the grey shirt. He was also wearing jeans, a brown leather jacket and brown boots.

"Hi." He said, flashing me his white smile. "I'm Venice."

"Hi." I replied shyly. I couldn't help to think how odd his name was, exotic but nice and seemed to fit him. "I'm Dylan."

"Yeah, I know, I called you yesterday but you fled from the class and I couldn't say hi." Oh, so it was him that who called my name. "So, are you enjoying the all mighty Green Valley High School?" He asked, smiling while walking me to class. I was so shocked with him talking to me that I didn't even move when he started walking, only when he grabbed my arm and started pulling me with him, I remembered he had asked me something.