Chapter 12

Thanks dragongirl92 for all your comments and votes, you're amazing! :D

Hope you like the new chapter!

Chapter 12

"I cannot believe you went to school just to pick me up! Are you insane?" I shouted to the relaxed figure sprawled on my couch, watching TV.

Gabriel looked up at me, shrugged, and continued to watch the tv show about bikes. I released a frustrated growl and continued passing back and forth on my living room. He was such an asshole!

When I saw him, I was shocked to see him up so soon, and apparently so was Ven. But then he had to open his mouth. He didn't say much but those few words were enough to put me fuming. I shouted and hissed at me but he still managed to dragged me to his truck, while Ven was laughing at my red enraged face, and drove me home, where he quickly entered, like he owned the place, plopped on the the couch and started watching TV, completely ignoring my outbursts.

"I'm talking to you!" I shouted again, taking two steps forward to smack his head. However, he grabbed my hand and pulled me roughly to the couch, making me fall on the soft pillows beside him.

"Shut up, Dylan." He told me, not even bothering to hide the amused look on his face.

"Don't tell..." I started but he cut me off, curling a muscular arm around me and closing my mouth with his other hand. As I struggled, he pull me closer to him and continued to watch TV, like I wasn't kicking and scratching my way out of that couch. He was just too strong for me, not even blinking as I buried my nails on his tanned skin.

It took me 20 minutes to give up. I was exhausted, despite Gabriel appear unfazed, so I just let my body fall limp against his, my breath finally calming down. Unwittingly, my head fell onto Gabriel's shoulder. That was how tired I was. I heard Gabriel mutter something that sounded like 'finally' before letting go the hand that was over my mouth, keeping, however, the other one around my waist.

I huffed, trying to withdraw his arm as I elbowed his hard belly to make him release me. That was when he sucked in a shaky breath and leaned forward a bit. Horrified that I had hurt him, I immediately went on my knees in front of him and took his now sweaty face in my hands, as gently as I could.

"Gabriel, what's wrong? What hurts?" I asked in a soft voice, rubbing my tumbs on his cheek, which already had a little stubble.

He shook his head, trying to dismiss it but I knew something was wrong with him. Gingerly, I pushed him back in the couch and lifted his dark blue shirt until his torso was bare. My eyes teared up a little when I saw those large purple bruises around his ribs, bruises that weren't there that morning. My finger tips brushed those purple, black and blue spots on his skin, trying to understand why they were there.

"What did you do?" I whispered, not believing in what I was seeing.

Gabriel didn't answer, avoiding my eyes. My temper started flaring and I forcefully grabbed his jaw and turned his head to me. "Why do you have new bruises? Answer me!"

"It's none of your fucking business!" He roared, his green eyes sizzling with anger. He rose up, pushing me back so hard that I fell backwards. My back hit the hard floor, knocking the air out of my lungs, and then the pain came. I groaned and looked up at him, shocked that he had actually pushed me.

Then I saw his eyes, his cold, emotionless eyes staring down at me. Despite my aching back, I tried to get up, suppressing a moan of pain. My movement seemed to snap Gabriel out of his daze, since he fell on his knees in front of me and streched his hands towards my body. And, for the first time since I had become his friend, I actually feared him and recoiled from his touch. Gabriel's cold eyes got even colder and his hand stood frozen in air.