Chapter 9

I'm sorry for any grammar or spelling mistakes :S hope you like it anyway!

Chapter 9

The next few days were tense.

Me, Gabriel and Ven were not the same around each other and I was starting to miss our old days, before that awful fight. During lunch, we would barely talk to each other and me and Ven were not as close as we used to be. We wouldn't talk as much and it was hurting me because I was loosing both of my friends. I had questioned them about that text, asking about what was the 'arena', however, neither did they answered or explained what was going on with them.

It was lunch time, and the three of us were sitting in our usual table, eating in silence. I was studying while munching on my sandwich when I saw something from the corner of my eye. On Gabriel’s light grey long sleeved shirt was a dark spot. Frowning, I dropped my sandwich and stood. Ven looked at me curiously as I walked around the table to stop near Gabriel. He also looked at me confused when I grabbed his arm and pulled his sleeve up. And saw the blood soaked bandage. Looking, intently, at him, I also notice that he had some bruises on his jaw and a tiny cut on his eyebrow.

Before Ven could interrupt me, I glared at Gabriel.

"You were fighting again, weren't you?" I accused him.

Gabriel's jaw clenched and unclenched as he took his arm out of my hold. When he got up and tried to go away, I grabbed his arm and pulled him back.

“Answer me!” I screamed at him, Ven also stood up and tried to calm me down, but I was beyond calm. I wanted answers. I needed them.

"Why don't you guys tell me anything?! You are alway keeping secrets from me!" I shouted, tears forming in my eyes. I was tired of all those secrecy, I wanted my two friends back, I couldn't take it anylonger. "Please, either tell me or I'll start lunching in other table because I can't take it anymore." I warned them, some tears falling from my hazel eyes.

"Dylan..." Ven started before walking to me and hugging me tightly. "We didn't told you because you would be upset and we didn't want to loose you. You're so important to us, dear." He whispered as I sobbed in his shoulder, under our huge tree which was shadowing us from the eyes of the other students. I notice he was looking over my shoulder, to Gabriel, before continuing. “We’ll tell you after school, in your house, ok?” He asked and I weakly nodded.

I didn't move out of his arms, letting his warm embrace comfort me. Soon, I felt a big hand grab the back of my neck but not in a threatening way, it was a soothing gesture, as I felt Gabriel's thumb running up and down the column of my neck.

After my tears had dried, we sat again, however, both of them started to act differently, like they were afraid I would break down again. Gabriel sat in our bench, squeezing me between them. I was siting with my knees close to my chest, listening carefully as Ven distracted me by telling a funny story. Gabriel was on my other side, as I was with my back slightly turned to him, still rubbing my neck soothingly, like he knew I was still a little bit shaken up.

That was how the rest of my day passed. They would both wait for me outside the classroom or, when I had Math with Ven, Gabriel would be alone waiting, leaning against the door, with arms crossed and thoughtful expression. When the classes were over, we went to Gabriel's truck and he drove us to my house. I was nervous about what they were going to tell me, knowing that wasn't something I was going to like hearing. I tried not to medidate to much on that, I would just stress myself out even more. So, to distract myself, I slid between the front seats, kneeling, as they were chattering about some football game. I saw that Gabriel already had a cigarette in his lips and I scowled at him. He looked at me from the corner of his eye as I watched him intently. He was completely relaxed behind the wheel, with one arm on the placed on the window. When I didn't stop staring, he raised a eye brow as I laid my chin next to his head support. Then, quickly so he couldn't stop me, I snatched his cigarette. Gabriel's head snapped towards me as he gave me an angry look.