Chapter 21

Hello!

Yeah, I know, it took me a loooong time to update but I finally did it. I'm sorry for the wait but I've been really busy and there was absolutely no time to write another chapter.

This is the last one, guys! To Love a Fighter has come to an end. I kinda feel sad because this was my baby but I really loved that you guys enjoyed it. Thank you all for all the votes and comments, you're just amazing.

I'm currently working on another story so I hope that I'll be posting another book soon.

Thank you for giving this a try.

Love ya all, my dear readers :3

Enjoy!

P.S.: Sorry for any spelling or grammar mistakes.

Chapter 21  

Christmas came and went in a blur. After that melancholy of the first week of holidays, I had to perk up because my parents finally arrived and all that fuss about bying presents, decorations, the food and sweets started at full force. I was thankfull for that because it kept my dark and sad thoughts at bay and allowed me to finally enjoy the holidays.

In one of the many, many trips to the mall, I bought all the gifts I wanted to give my friends. I bought a neckless to Taylor, a pair of earrings to Jodie and a CD to Ven. Those were easy to purchase but finding one good gift to Gabriel was hard. Yes, despite our fight, I still wanted to buy him something. However, as I was roaming around the numerous stores, something caught my eye. It was an album, a simple but beautiful black album with silver and dark blue designs. Gabriel would never accept something expensive but, if I gave him something made by me and that actually meant something, he would probably enjoy it more. Assuming that he would accept anything that came from me.

Not giving myself time to think twice about my choice, I bought it. I spent the next three days putting photos of the five of us inside, leaving a few pages empty so he could put there his own photos.

Happy with myself, I gave the gifts to Taylor, Jodie and Ven, who had come to my house, and gave Gabriel's gift to Ven, so he could give it to him. At first, Ven had refused, he wanted me to go to him and delivery it myself but I was persuasive and Ven ended up doing what I wanted.

I didn't know if Gabriel liked it or threw it away, since Ven only said that he had left it at his bedroom door. Nevertheless, I felt happy that, at least, I had given him something. That was enough for me.

Days after Christmas, surprise surprise, my parents had to leave again because they would spend New Years in Dubai, since there would be a Charity Gala, and my parents had been invited to participate. It wasn't new for me to stay home alone but spending New Year all alone was just sad.

Needless was to say that, when December's 31st arrived, my mood was not the best.

I had eaten breakfast, sitting on the kitchen countertop, absentmindedly looking through the window and watching the snow flakes falling from the dark sky and cover the land in their fluffy, pure white blanket. Cleaning the house was what I did next, dusting and vacuuming every inch of it. Just because I was going to spend New Year alone didn't mean I didn't want to have a clean house. 'Enter the New Year with the right foot' and all that.

After cleaning, I put to bottles of champagne in the fridge - I was alone so screw it, I was going to have fun - and started to make lunch. With nothing else to do after lunch, I sat on my couch, watching some random movies while was on my computer checking my e-mails. Saying that I had a boring afternoon was an understatement but soon dinner hour had passed and I went upstairs to dress something more presentable.