Chapter 18

Chapter 18

"So, now that you two love birds are together again, who wants to go shopping for Christmas?"

"No way, shopping with girls it's suicide!" Ven said, looking at Taylor as if she was crazy.

Snorting, I nestled in Gabriel's side, before answering. It was really cold, since it was mid December - and this was the last week of school before Christmas - and, despite my dark blue turtle neck shirt, light grey cardigan and fluffy coat I was still freezing. Even my feet were cold in my wool socks. "You're going, so shut up. When do you wanna go, Tay?"

"Well, maybe Fr-"

Ven quickly interrupted. " You can't make me!"

"Try me." I threatened. " If you want to keep coming at my house, you'll do what I say." I told him, smiling victoriously when I saw his shocked face. Gabriel released a throaty laugh before adding. "You're screwed."

"No fair! C'mon, D!"

"Ok, so Friday..." Jodie continued.

Everyone ignored Ven's protests during lunch, excitingly preparing our shopping trip. I really needed to go because I hadn't bought anything yet and I was pretty sure my parents already had my gifts, so I needed something good for them. I also had to find a way of distracting both Ven and Gabe so I could buy them their presents. I already had something for Jodie and Taylor but I had no idea about what buy for my best friend and for my boyfriend.

Boyfriend. I liked the sound of that...I really did. The day before, me and Gabriel had talked abou tour relationship and we were officially a couple and I was really happy. That was all I ever wanted, to be with him and only him, and, some primal part of me, enjoyed letting women and men know that he was mine. However, despite my good mood, Gabriel appeared nervous. He had been really sweet and somewhat vulnerable towards me, I knew that it had been difficult for him to tell me what he did but, for some unknown reason, he was fidgety and tense.

Gabriel was literally glued to me. He walked with me crushed to his side, had a hard time letting me go to classes and not tolerated any male or female looking at me for more than 5 seconds. If that was his way of dealing with stress, we had to have a serious talk. I was not a dog that he could control with a leach, he had to understand that he couldn't be with me every minute of the day. As much as I wanted that too.

Turning to Gabriel, I kissed his chest before running my hand through his silky dark hair. "What's wrong with you? You look distracted..."

Gabiel grabbed my hand, kissing my fingers, and gave me that troubled look that hadn't yet left his eyes. "I'm fine, Dylan."

"No, you're not." I shook my head, leaning against him and watching my friends instead of continuing that talk. He still kept secrets from me and I hated that he didn't trusted me at all.

"Don't be mad at me." He ordered, in a stronger voice.

Ignoring the tight hold and the threatening voice, I answered him. "Then start telling me things." If he thought that he could order me around he was sorely mistaken because, even liking him so much, he would not be my boss. He had to respect me too. "And don't you dare giving me orders because it'll lead to a fight that you don't want to have."

Growling, he continued hugging me, grumbling and hissing under his breath. I laughed inwardly because of his tantrum.

The cafeteria was stuffed and noisy as usual so, if Gabriel hadn't told me - more like grunted - that my phone was ringing, I would never have heard it. Looking at the ID, I felt my heart race and a huge grin appeared in my face. Gabriel gave me a questioning look but I didn't even answer, quickly taking the call.