Chapter 14

Hi guys!

I know, it took me awhile to update but I have been busy and I didn't have the time to post another chapter. Sorry about that... 

I hope you like this chapter. Personally , I like it because we can see another side of one of my babies (you'll find out which one ;P) and I loved writing it so I hope you love it too :3

Good reading!

Chapter 14

"Oh my God, he was so hot!" Jodie purred, taking another bite at her caramel sundae.

"Tell me about it..." I moaned as I took another spoonful of melted chocolate in my mouth. Chocolate sundae was my favorite and I couldn't myself but roll my eyes at that delicious chocolate and vanilla ice-cream. It was my addiction.

"Jeez, Dee, you sound more excited by having an ice-cream than the hot, half-naked boys we just saw in the movie." Taylor mocked me, also taking a bite at her ice-cream. She could laughed at will but I knew she was just enjoying her strawberry ice-cream as much as I was. A girl knew that there was nothing better than ice-cream. Screw 'diamonds', ice-cream and chocolate was the true girl's best friend.

To irk her a little more, I moaned again has I put another spoonful in my mouth. I was succeded as both of them started laughing. I couldn't help but to laugh too.

When they had pick me up, we had gone to dinner and then to the movies. We had laughed, talked, joked and even cried a few times from laughing so hard. It had been the perfect girl's night out. The movie had been amazing and, being the true chick flick, we had swooned over boys that only existed in fiction, and the night was ending with those amazing sundaes that we had bought in a tiny booth on the street. It had been an amazing night and I was even a little grateful that the boys weren't here because it was a lot more fun with only the girls. However, as soon as that thought came, I felt a pang in my heart.

Images of Gabriel fighting were distracting me and I couldn't help myself but to think what was he doing that night. Discretely, I peered at my phone to see if I had any text or missed call. I had neither. Huffing, I put it away and continued to drool about the boys in the movie with my friends.

We were taking a wall in the city park, enjoying the cold air and the starry night, as we passed the few other people walking along with us. The park was beautiful, green grass, wooden benches, old lamps, gravel paths and couples walking hand in hand, kissing and hugging, children running and playing, people walking their dogs and old married couples enjoying the night just like us. Since Ven had brought me here, I had fell in love with this place. He had taken me to eat ice-cream and had told me stories from his childhood. Thinking of that memory brought a smile to my face.

"Man, I love this place." I sighed, smiling to an old couple who had smiled me when they passed. "It's so peaceful."

"Yeah, I come here since I was a child." Taylor told me, closing her eyes and smiling when the cold breeze swept us. "I remember playing here with you, Jo. You're awful at hide and seek, always the first one to be found."

"Oh, shut up. You guys always scared me! It wasn't fair." Jodie whined, playing with her sundae before eating a little more of it. "Anyway, you should do this again! It's nice to have a nice night out with someone who is not Taylor." She told me, her eyes sparkling with excitment and happiness.

"Totally agree with you." I quickly said, licking my spoon.

"Even if you said no, we knew exactly how to bribe you."

"True." I answered Taylor, who looked amused at my half-eaten sundae.

Taylor started telling childhood stories, memories that had been made in that park, some with Jodie, some with her family or with other friends. Some were happy, other not so happy and other completely hilarious. When Jodie join in, telling her own memories, my belly was already hurting from laughing so hard. It was when I was gasping for air, after hearing a story of Taylor falling in the litle lake in the middle of the park, that my phone rang.