Chapter 15

Chapter 15

I didn't know what was happening between me and Gabriel. The days that followed that night in my room were somewhat...eventful. Gabriel and I were closer, much closer. He would walk me to every single class, he would lunch with me every single day and would go to my house every single afternoon. He was always touching me, he hugged me, he would sit so close that our arms and legs were always brushing against each other. He would kiss me a few times and nuzzled me. However, I didn't knew if he was a touchy friend or if I was...well...if I was his girlfriend. Gabriel had never said anything about it so I was not sure if we were a couple or not. It was driving me crazy.

December had arrived and with it the snow. Every single student was buzzing with excitement and anxiety, afterall, the holidays were coming.

It was tuesday and we were all having lunch in the cafeteria, like we always did.

"I want to go to the cinema again." I told them, while I chewed a piece of my chicken sandwich. "I want to see the new movie."

"Yes! We should totally go! I’m dying to get out of my house." Jodie agreed immediately. "Are you guys coming?"

"I'm in." Taylor agreed, taking a bite at her apple.

"Me too. Who would say no to see a movie with three hot chicks?" Ven laughed, moaning in pain immediately after when Gabriel kicked him.

"Serves you right."

"You're a cold, cold woman. Did you know that?" He said to Jodie, who was smirking, satisfied with Ven's pain. Those two were always bickering like an old married couple and it was kinda funny to watch.

Turning away from them, I looked at the man lazily sprawled on his chair, with his arm around the back of mine. Gabriel’s big body was slightly angled towards me, watching me through sleepy eyes.

"And you, lazy boy, are you going?"

"I'm not lazy." He scowled, laying his forehead on my shoulder.

I giggled softly before nudging him with my arm. "Are you going or not?"

"Yes."

"Good! The more the merrier!" Taylor said, clapping her hands together.

"So, who's driving?" Jodie asked.

They immediately started talking about our movie night and I turned to Gabriel, blocking all the noisy students in the crowded cafeteria and focusing only on the boy whose head was against my neck. He looked tired with the dark circles under his eyes. Gently, I petted his dark head and he raised his eyes to meet mine.

"Are you going to my house this afternoon?”

"You know I will." He assured me, nuzzling my cheek with his nose. I giggled a little at his sweet gesture. Who knew that such a big and badass looking guy could be so affectionate?

"Gabe, I was thinking that today we could go to your house..." I suggested, fidgeting with my fingers while I waited Gabriel's answer.

I had always been curious about where Gabriel lived. He never talked about his family and, when I would ask, he always changed topic. He seemed very reserved about his personal life, however, I had to tell him every little detail about mine. I wanted to know him, all of him and that included his family and friends. However, he always got anxious and worked up when I brought that subject so I always ended up dropping it before I got an answer.

"Today it's not a good day, maybe tomorrow." He replied, his eyes darkening and looking at everything but me. "Are your parents home, today?" He quickly changed subject.