Chapter 7

Hope you like the new chapter :)

Chapter 7

When monday arrived, I felt as nervous as I was on my first day. While I was eating my breakfast, my mind went to last friday. Gabriel had stayed with me until my parents arrived - he left when my parents were near our block - without saying a word about that day. I was thankful that he hadn't touched the subject because I didn't want to remember what had happened earlier that day. It was a little strange he had spent the entire afternoon in my house, specially when we weren't exactly 'friends' but, despite my refusal, it was nice to have someone with me when I felt so down.

I finished eating as a car honked. Mom looked at me and I said goodbye to her. She still didn't like the idea of me being driven to school without knowing who my friends were but, she couldn't deny it, without that obligation she could worked for a few more hours and that made her happy.

I walked to the black truck and opened the door to see a smiling Ven. Ven had called me on friday night, saturday and texted me during Sunday, and, at some point during Sunday, I was so annoyed with him that I stopped texting back. He complained but stopped. Ven could be a little over the top when he was worried or anxious but I was slowly getting used to it.

"Good morning, sunshine!" Ven happily greeted, turning around in his front seat to messing up my hair.

"Damn it, Ven, I spent ten minutes working on my hair, you idiot." I grumbled, trying to comb it with my hands.

"Why so grumpy? Didn't the little baby sleep well?" He cooed.

Huffing, I leaned back in my seat, with my arms crossed over my chest, while watching the streets pass by. Ven laughed and started messing with Gabriel, who wasn't paying attention at anything else but the road. I saw the school building and instantly stiffened. I wasn't ready to face all those students again. At least not yet. Taylor and Jodie had also texted me during the weekend, asking me if I was ok. I was not 'okay'. No one could be fine after that, but they had promise me that it would get better and the rumor would, eventually, fade. I was hoping they were right.

I got out of the truck and turned to face the boys.

"Are you going to be alright by yourself?" Ven asked, every trace of humor vanished from his face.

"I think so... At least, I had a couple of days to get used to it." I answered, tugging the sleeves of my long sleeved black shirt. "See you guys at lunch?" I asked, looking at both of them.

"Well...you're going to see me, but Gabriel has to leave during lunch." Ven told me, looking...odd. He was avoiding my eyes and the only time he did that was when he was hiding something. That was why I spoke before I could stop myself.

"Where are you going?" I asked Gabriel and, when I realised what I had done, I quickly tried to mend my mistake. "I'm mean...forget what I said! You don't need to tell me."

Gabriel looked at me, his bright green eyes amused as he shook his head. Pushing Ven and me, he made us go to class. The morning classes passed quite slowly that morning, as the teachers overload us with homework and projects. I payed little attention to them, focusing on what the students were saying about me instead. However, I couldn't hear much because, everytime they noticed I was near, they would quickly shut up. I managed to hear some words, but nothing that allowed me to understand what they were saying.

Jodie tried to cheer me up during our free period and Taylor had even started to threat some girls who were looking at me with smug smiles in their plastic faces, but, despite their efforts, I still couldn't get pass the fact that, with only a week of classes, my name was already in the mouths of all those teens who were tainting it mercilessly.