Chapter 16

Chapter 16

A week after that awful movie night, Gabriel still didn't talk to me.

A week later I was still heartbroken.

Ven had been with me the whole time, despite my protests about wanting to be alone. He had hugged me and kissed my hair when I sobbed on his chest after telling him about our fight, he had comforted me and told me that he was just being an ass and that I was too good to cry for a boy, but none of that calmed my aching heart.

Taylor and Jodie were also there for me when I needed them the most. They came to my house every afternoon, so I wouldn't be alone since my parents had already departed to their business trip, and would watch movies with me, help me study, paint my nails... They never touched 'Gabriel' subject, just did everything they could to distract me and, for that, I would be forever grateful.

Thanks to the three of them, I was able to put myself together. After that week, my heart still hurt like a chunk had been ripped off, but I did not cry again, I hated crying, I walked with my head held high and, despite the profound feeling of pain everytime I saw Gabriel walk by or sit on our lunch table without even glance at me, I managed to give him the same cold treatment. It was like we were nothing to each other, and if he wanted it that way, I would make damn sure I would be fine with it. Or, at least, make sure he didn't notice that the pain and longing were eating my insides.

It was tuesday and my History class had just ended so I got up, gathered my things, and left the room. Before heading to the cafeteria, I walked to my locker, to switch my books, and it was then that a already familiar blonde appeared by my side. Not bothering to look at her, I opened my locker and started to choose the books that I needed.

"I heard that you two had a fight." Kayla started, looking at her nails while talking. "I wonder if he finally understood that you're no good?"

I bit my tongue to prevent myself from breaking her nose. I was normally a pacific person, I never wanted problems and, usually, that kind of conversation or simply her presence would be enough to make me shut the locker, turn around and walk away, with my head hung low, however, I was in a pissy mood.

"The cat got your tongue?" She snickered, leaning in. "Oh please, it's not like you can be surprised, right? I mean, you really think that he actually liked y--"

"Oh shut the fuck up." I growled, shutting the locker with such force that the crash made everyone in the hall look at me. "I don't care what you think, actually, nobody cares so why don't you go piss off some other person because, honestly, I'm not in the freaking mood. So run along, dear, your little followers are waiting." And with that I walked away, taking angry strides towards the cafeteria when another person stood in my way. Hissing, I look up to see a boy smilling at me.

He was cute, with brown hair, blue eyes and a pair of killer dimples, he was also taller than me but shorter than Ven, and was dressed in a simple grey sweater, a pair of worn jeans and white sneakers. Raising a brow, I waited for him to speak since I was not in the mood to chit chat.

"Hi, you're Dylan, right? I'm Jason." His smile widened when he stretched out his hand and I, hesitantly, shook it.

"Yeah, I'm Dylan." I answered, not sure of what he wanted.

"The way you talked to Kayla...that was awesome. No one tells her to fuck off like that." He praised me, scratching the back of his neck while talking. I actually smiled a little because he seemed nervous while talking to me.

"Thanks." I smiled and he smiled back.

"Look, would you go o--"

"Dylan! There you are girl! I was looking all over for you!" Taylor's voice rang through the hall as she reached me, scowling. Then she looked at the boy in front of me and raised a brow. "Who's your friend, Dee?"