1 (Running takes a turn)

Dedicated to Thatgabbykid
For her continuous support, friendship, and humor. (I credit her for my love of werewolf books)

Song: Kill Them With Kindness (Selena Gomez)

The dusty, black asphalt crunched under my steady running. Large pine trees framing the road in thick forests. Creating a gorgeous landscape. The scent of fragrant pine and earthy mud drifted past my nose. The early chill of the morning wafted around me making more goosebumps appear on my forearms. Early Autumn settling in. And the remains of the hot, sweaty summer disappearing. Though the trees were not yet red, orange, or yellow. You could still tell it was no longer summer.

The sounds of birds chirping and rushing of the river could be heard but, I had earbuds in. The lyrics of the song rushed in my mind, completely enveloping me. I faded off and concentrated on increasing my speed running. If I didn't speed up I wouldn't make it back in time for lunch.

Lean slightly forward, pump arms, dig feet into the ground...

My speed increasing to 45 mph, I crossed over the river in one leap. My feet felt like the weren't even touching the ground.

45 isn't good enough, faster..

Pushing well beyond my normal speed, I increased to 50 mph. The wind was meeting me head on; strands of my chocolate brown hair falling out of my ponytail, whipped my cheeks like flying projectiles.

I smelt the crisp air, looking for any unusual scents. The sharp scent of woodsy pine and rich earthy scent of dirt, met my nose. Leaving me pleasantly relaxed.

No one telling me what to do or how to act. Liam's isn't there criticizing me or making more of his stupid rules.

I feel free.

Looking around I could see birds flying overhead and in the trees; their distant calls loud in the dense but quiet forest.

I seemed to be effortlessly flying, going nearly 60 mph now. My breath coming out even pants as I rounded the bend. I lifting my nose to the wind flow and sniffed the breeze, again.

The same pine and earthy smells but, there was something else...

Smells like dirty dogs.

The scent of foreign wolves.

Rouges!

"Liam, there's rouges in the east end in the forest,"I spoke in my mind.