Chapter 1

“Get the hell away from me John. I want nothing to do with you”

 I couldn’t stand looking at him anymore so I just turned and walked away. How could he do this to me. I was by his side for freaking 2 years and he had the nerve to cheat on me. But that's not what's pissing me off the most. The person that he cheated on me with was my best friend out of all people. I was pissed at both of them. How could they do this to me, especially Alex. Who I have been friends with since we were in kindergarten. We told each other everything. We never kept secrets from one another. But now I know why she was acting strange. She hasn’t been herself for a couple of weeks. So that's when I decided to finally confront her and that’s when she told me.

I usually never skip school. But today I had no choice. I couldn’t take the risk of seeing the both of them. Especially since I have Alex in all of my classes.

So I go to my locker and I threw my books in and slammed it shut. I had no clue where I was going to go. I knew that I couldn’t go home because my mom was home. So that was out.

What now? I thought to myself as I was walking out of the school building. As I was walking out I heard  someone rev their engine. I looked up and that was when I saw him.

I couldn’t seem to take my eyes off of him. He must be the new kid that everyone has been talking about over the past week. I really didn’t care because I was in no mood. So I continued walking, and went down the street to my favorite diner. I always came to this diner when things went wrong or when I had to think things over. Today was one of those days.

I took a seat where I usually sit and didn’t bother looking at the menu.

“Hey sugar, I thought that you were supposed to be in school by now?”

I looked up and saw Sally. Sally has always waited on me since the first day that I came here. Over the years we began to talk and we started getting closer. Now I tell her everything because she is like the mom that I never had. So I tell her things that I usually wouldn’t tell others, especially my own mother. I know its kind of pathetic that I can’t talk to my own mother about these things. But we never had that kind of relationship and probably never will. So I tell Sally everything. I told her about my parents and how they split. I told her about my first love and how I lost my virginity to him. Which now I regret. I always came to her when something was wrong and she always knew what to say and that’s why I love her. 

“Hey Sally”

“What’s wrong honey?”

“Me and John are officially done”

“Oh sweetie I am so sorry. What happened?”

“He cheated on me with my best friend. Out of all people he chose her. I still don’t get why though”.

"Oh sweetie I'm sorry. That boy is a jerk. You can do so much better”

“Thank you Sally for being here for me. It really means a lot to me"

“You know that I am always here for you sugar. Now what would you like?”

“Usual please”

“No problem. It will be out shortly”

I always order two eggs, home fries and a grilled bagel with coffee. I always need my coffee. You know how people say if you drink too much coffee it can affect your growth. Well for me that's true at least. I have been drinking coffee since I was 12 and now I am 17. I stopped growing when I was 14. So I am stuck at the height of 5’2. You can say that I am fun sized.

When I was done eating I gathered my things and started to exit the diner and that is when I bumped into someone.

“Watch where you’re going jerk”