chapter 1: Welcome To Hell

Chapter 1

WELCOME TO HELL

It was annoying to see how they were staring at me. Was there something wrong with my uniform? Did I wear it wrong? Perhaps I forgot to brush my hair again. Oh, maybe because I was a transferee, and transferees were not allowed to walk in the hallway.

A crazy rule made by someone crazy.

This was my first day in this school, Rapsodhee High, and I am going to stay here for two years hanggang sa matapos ko ang senior high. Why? Because this was a boarding school. I arrived just yesterday. 

"Is she the new kid?" I heard someone asks when I passed by.

I saw a tall, white guy glaring at me when I looked over my shoulder.

I heard the same question many times already since this morning. From the dorm to the school's main building, students were whispering about new kid blah blah, which was confusing and irritating.

"Indeed the first new kid."

"Look at her eyes, bro."

"She's wearing a contact lens."

"Creepy."

Students were talking about me and I was certain that they knew I could hear them. They said, first new kid. What was that mean? Ako ba ang unang nag-transfer sa school na ito? 'Yon ba ang rason kaya masyado nila akong pinagtutuunan ng pansin?

"Hey," the tall, white guy called my attention, now smiling at me. His arms were stretched on both sides as if he was welcoming a guest. He added, "Welcome to hell."

I raised an eyebrow.

Yes, I knew there was something unusual here. Narinig ko somewhere na may mga gangsters daw rito and that was ridiculous. Not the word, but the people who called themselves gangsters. In this school, I knew they were just wannabes. High school students were not that smart to become gangsters. They didn't know the deeper meaning of that word.

I ignored the guy and turned my back.

I headed straight to my classroom. It was on the third floor of the main building. Dinala na ako roon ng isang teacher na inutusan ng School Administrator noong nag-enroll ako and I could say that the classroom was good. It was clean and organized. I didn't admire the color of the wall, which was sky blue, but it was clean. The desks and chairs were all white. Based on the row, there could be twenty students in my class.

I heard someone catcalled me when I welcomed myself inside the classroom. Napansin ko rin na napako ang atensyon ng lahat sa akin nang pumasok ako.

I knew I looked hot and sexy, mind my pride, in this sailor miniskirt and pink long sleeve blouse, and flat semi boots, pero wala pa rin silang karapatang hubaran ako sa tingin dahil hindi lang ako ang nakasuot ng ganito. For God's sake. This was the fuckin' uniform here.

Chill, Temple. It's your first day.

Kinalma ko ang sarili ko. Naglakad na lang ako patungo sa bandang likuran, sa tabi ng bintana. I liked the view here. Sa ganito ako lagi pumupwesto sa bawat school na napapasukan ko. This place was far from attention that I hate the most. 

Tahimik akong naupo sa isang bakanteng upuan saka pinagmasdan nang palihim isa-isa ang mga kaklase ko. They were looking back at me. All of them.

"Hey, Miss Gorgeous. I think you are taking the wrong seat," sabi ng lalaking nasa unahan ko. Bahagya n'ya pang iniikot ang upuan niya para makaharap ako nang maayos.