chapter 18: The Legendary Queen

Chapter 18

THE LEGENDARY QUEEN

 Though I suspected that Naami was related to the Player, I was still surprised when she revealed that she was his daughter. It summed up my hatred to him—to both of them, to be honest.

Why did the Player let his daughter play his lethal game? Seriously, if the opponent figured out their relationship, Naami would be in great danger. Why did Naami choose to be part of this? Why did she not just walk away?

Then I realized, Naami and the Player were just like me and Tiarah. Perhaps Naami and I were both victims here. Parehas kaming napasok sa laro ng mga magulang namin.

Kumunot ang noo ko nang tumama sa paa ko ang damit na ihinagis ni Naami. Kanina n'ya pang ihinahagis ang mga damit niya at nagkalat na ang mga iyon sa maliit na espasyo ng Rock House. She was looking for something to wear at hindi n'ya makita ang gusto n'yang isuot. Iyon lang ang rason kung bakit nagwawala na siya.

For God's sake! Three days pa lang na magkasama kami, pero pakiramdam ko'y tatlong taon na 'yon. Nabubwisit ako sa presensya n'ya pati na rin sa kung paano s'ya gumalaw. Laging mabigat ang bawat kilos n'ya. Bagsak dito, bagsak doon. Dabog dito, dabog doon. Perhaps she intended to do it just to annoy me.

She was doing a great job though. She got me annoyed, but I didn't show it. I didn't want to give her satisfaction.

Napapailing na nag-iwas na lang ako ng tingin nang pabagsak niyang ibaba ang hawak niyang bag.
Pinagtuunan ko ng pansin ang laptop sa harapan ko. I was searching and investigating the family record of the Stone's Family.

I was so disappointed. According to my research, her father died in a car accident eight years ago and it seemed that the word gangster didn't exist in his world. Paanong s'ya ang Player kung puro magagandang bagay ang nagawa n'ya?

I thought I searched the wrong man, so I asked my dad to do more research about this family. He emailed me all the answers I needed.

And I got nothing. It got me confused. If her father was dead, paano pa nakakapanggulo ang Player na 'yon hanggang ngayon? Was there any possibility na hindi talaga nagsasabi ng totoo si Naami? Was she just trying to scare me? Was my theory wrong?

Then after two days, dad emailed me other files. That answered my questions, at last. This bitch was adopted by the Stones Family when she was only two years old. Ang asawa ng namayapa niyang ama-amahan ang nagbulgar ng sikreto nang malaman nitong may mga pamanang naiwan ang asawa para kay Naami na ampon lang naman nila. The typical drama of the family. Agawan sa pamana blah blah blah.

It wasn't the problem though. She was adopted, not a Stones, and that justified the truth na ang totoong ama niya ay buhay pa at siyang Player ng Rapsodhee High, which was the real problem here. I wished na totoong Stones na lang siya.

"I hate this," Naami murmured as she burst another bag open. I wondered how many bags she brought here.

I rolled my eyes. Maybe the reason why the guys didn't want to stay in the Rock House was because of this bitch's attitude. Hindi man siya nahiya na mga gamit n'ya lang ang nagkalat sa bawat parte ng bahay.

Seriously, it was uncomfortable to see Naami doing this. I mean she was a girl, right? She couldn't even make her own bed. Jesus!

"Throwing your things outside this house would be better," I commented.